Preparing for Jubilee build

bigdnfay

Btw, it'd be real cool if you got Jubilees Coytee...it would double my desire to just happen to be passing through Tennessee [;)]

And another thing Mike... if you knew where I lived, you'd understand me when I say "NO ONE" just casually happens to be passing through my area.

Not only am I about 18 miles off of I-75, but you go from 4 lane, down to two lane, down to two lane COUNTRY road, down to about 1 1/2 lane dead end road (after passing the cows east of East B.F. Egypt [:$])

When ever anyone ends up out my way, I'll go chat (confront?) them... they are almost without fail, one of three things:

1. A friendly, out to visit us

2. An unfriendly who is up to no good

3. Lost (and I DO mean WAY lost)

So, if you come out this way, you won't be able to be casual about it... you will be exposed for what you are!! Someone making the trip specifically to hear the Jubilees!!

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

For kicks, I tried to post a pic of my area... the entire farm is surrounded by water The arrow kind of shows where I live relative to everything else. All the land surrounding the farm is owned by TVA and is woods. Nearest neighbor (that isn't family on farm) is about 1/2 - 3/4 mile down the road and at that, there's only 3 houses on farm, 4 more houses on rest of the road.

[<:o)]

post-15072-13819301960762_thumb.jpg

I found and attached a pic of a system that really got me to thinking. The jubilee certainly puts out alot of sound and I was reminded of that this year when we just listened to the one. What do you guys think about a single Jubilee bass bin with flanking single horns?

post-15544-13819301968992_thumb.jpg

Screwed up stereo imaging and definetly a step backwards.

How do you figure?

If the Jube bass bin is crossed low enough and the left and right channels can play low enough to blend in, imaging should be just fine if set up properly. I definately wouldn't say a step backwards.

Please note, I'm not arguing, just trying to understand why you said what you said. [;)]

Crossed low enough? I would adamently argue the importance of stereo imaging throughout the entire spectrum. There are a bunch of studies that indicate its importance as well. They get posted from time to time on the forum so I'll try to keep my eyes open and repost if you're interested.

That said, if you go with the typical 80Hz crossover compromise, you would be using under one octave with the Jubilee bass bin (45Hz-80Hz). And then take into account that the bass bin is the limiting factor for the efficiency of the system you're even further behind. And you would be requiring mains that can dig down to at least 80Hz - so you're back to a 3way again.

IF you want to go mono with the bass there are much better alternatives out there (*cough* Danley DTS-20 *cough*) [;)]

Guys. Those are all custom horns made at First Octave Audio in Canada. That guy makes some beautiful stuff. That middle Bass horn has an 18" JBL woofer in it.

You can find those top horns on the side cabinets on Ebay all the time. He sells them for ~$500 a Pair. They are exponential dwon to 200Hz.

And that corner horn in the center is a Vitavox, not a Jubilee.

DM

I realize it is a vitavox I was just curious about a system with say 1 jubilee bas bin and then a horn on each side of the room not necessarily those exact horns. I was think for those of us not rolling in the $$$ this could be a good way to start off.

Ok guys... a comment here about the pricing of the Jubilee since several have asked. I requested permission to discuss it and here's how I want to put it...Nothing I'm writing below has been authored by Roy (or anyone at Klipsch). It's my own comments and I'm using general feelings I have on their intent and pricing. If you want/need specifics, you need to contact Roy individually as I think geography will affect everyones reality a bit differently.

1. Klipsch (especially Roy I think!!) has an interest in seeing the Jubilee sell

2. They (he?) would love us to have some

3. They know we're all cheap sons of guns! [;)] (speaking for myself of course [:$])

4. They can't undermine their retail sellers (how would you feel if you were being undersold by the factory?)

5. The shipped price to someone in Little Rock might be less than the shipped price to someone in Spokane (understandable) Might be MORE if Barney (oops, sorry Trey) doesn't like you [6]

So, with that said, I think it's safe for me to say that most anyone here could pick up a PAIR of Jubilee's as we auditioned them in Hope (Jubilee bass bin, K402 horn, K69 driver and NO crossover) for something like $7,000 net (AFTER shipping)... DEPENDING on where you live !!!

[au]................................................... (delivery truck)

Seems to me, anyone who has lamented about wanting new Heritage and no place to get them... this is pretty cool as it's delivered to your doorstep!!

One thing I think ought to be stressed for anyone who might want to find out more about this...

DO NOT call your local Klipsch Pro dealer... it can't have any positive result since I suspect this is kind of "in-house" and they won't know about it. Call/email Roy and let Roy handle it in the mannor he finds most fitting. Those of us who have, have ended up with a smile. No sense in rocking the cradle that's trying to scratch our backs. Roy is (in my opinion) trying to watch out for us and offer us a slice of his / their dream...

I'll post this in it's own post too.

And that corner horn in the center is a Vitavox, not a Jubilee.

DM

I realize it is a vitavox I was just curious about a system with say 1 jubilee bas bin and then a horn on each side of the room not necessarily those exact horns. I was think for those of us not rolling in the $$$ this could be a good way to start off.

Indeed. The Jubilee can free-stand, so that is a bonus.

People are getting fired up around here. I have no beef with anyone or klipsch. I have already said on this thread what the "deal" is. It is what it is. $2225/ Bass bin in textured black. I didn't post this for people to get all worked up or to seem I am frustrated or think there is a better deal. I am not. Chuck and Roy are great. It is what it is.

jc

What Coytee said above makes good sense. I won't add anything. My emails to Roy and Chuck are friendly and I by all means Don't think the selling info is top secret.

Would like to add one point.

I am a DIY guy. I love to tinker and I love to improve on things as a learning process.

I think trying to replicate a Jubilee" style Bass bin is fine as long as you are doing it for yourself. I think I could do such a project but there would be no way I could ever make it "perfect" like the experts do.

Maybe we should have a thread on "buying the Jubilee"![;)]

jc

"Maybe we should have a thread on "buying the Jubilee"! I like that idea

Group discount?

Greg

See 756230 in reply to 756205 earlier in this thread.