What do you do?

Coytee

Is it fair for me to presume that more than 50% of the "regulars" here might be some form of engineer (electrical probably?) or perhaps somehow currently or previously related to the electronics/sound industry?

I'm just amazed at the knowledge & abilities of this crowd as a whole. Most of the stuff (when it gets technical) is so past me & my experiences that I sometimes wonder if we all live on the same planet. Obviously ONE of us (me) is clueless or has lived in a cave (I'm not sure which is worse) lol.

My hat's off to all of you "in the know" and I highly commend your willingness to share & explain much of what you do... to oafs like me.

I just don't see where you all learn this stuff, unless perhaps you are as inquired above, hence my question.

9.gif

BSCh BS in Chemistry from Denver University

Sc.D. Dr. of Science in physical chemistry from Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Post Doc in Radiation Oncology Physics Harvard Medical School

currently Chief of Clinical Physics Dartmouth Medical School

Nothing above gives me any authority to speak on audio matters except in as much as music may be a form of Radiation Therapy (my current specialty).

There are no stupid questions, only someone stupid enough to not ask!

check SEARCH, we did one of these in the past 6 months or so. Got 100+ replies from most of the regulars. Astounding array of fields, but lots of engineers. Nothing wrong with that. Dad was a Professional Engineer (civil and architecture). As a kid, I asked him what those letters PE were for after his name. His response "potty emptier"!

Michael

----------------

On 2/10/2005 2:09:29 PM D-MAN wrote:

Hey, I'm NOT an engineer! (them's fighting words!)

I have a BA in ART! I'm the OPPOSITE of an engineer!

That means that I can think OUTSIDE of the box!

DM
9.gif

----------------

D-Man no that just means you paint the box pretty colors!2.gif

Field Eng for DOD contractor. Provide engineering and technical support solutions to USN. Was a Navy ET for 9 1/2 yrs prior.

Uh-oh, looks like I'm a bottom feeder here. 20 years as mechanic with Master Everything Technician, then 3 years of Mech E., now Unix server admin in very large corporate data center. Still build custom/racing engines for a few guys, getting interested in woodworking.

Guys like yaffstone make me green with envy.