Klipsch / Jamo

ironwoods

I see that Klipcsh is the proud owner of the Danish speaker co. Jamo. I just knew they were up to sumtin'. They seem to have some very nice products, although I've never heard any.

Go Klipsch!

Rah, rah ,ree, kick 'em in the knee

Rah, rah ,ras, kick 'em in the other knee

I don't know whether to smile or cry. On one hand it is a great business move. On the other what is happening to our company that started in the little town of Hope. Where one man changed the course of audio history. I remember years ago people would tell how good these jamo speakers were and they would run circles around them. Alhough I never bought there story. Move forward to 2005 and we now have a new line called Klipmo. what is my klipsch world coming to

scooter6.gif

• Moderators

----------------

On 2/15/2005 3:07:17 PM SCOOTERDOG wrote:

I don't know whether to smile or cry. On one hand it is a great business move. On the other what is happening to our company that started in the little town of Hope. Where one man changed the course of audio history. I remember years ago people would tell how good these jamo speakers were and they would run circles around them. Alhough I never bought there story. Move forward to 2005 and we now have a new line called Klipmo. what is my klipsch world coming to

scooter
6.gif

----------------

No worries. We will continue to operate as separate companies.

----------------

On 2/15/2005 3:32:07 PM Amy Unger wrote:

No worries. We will continue to operate as separate companies.

----------------

If I was Helge Fischer in the Jamo U.S. operations in Chicago, I would be a little worried.

How did Fred and Judy come to own Klipsch Audio in 1989? Do they rock? Give us some dirt Amy

1.gif

Oh no!!!

Soft dome tweeters and 5.25" woofers for us!!! 6.gif

Wow, if KLIPSCH OWNS (not the other way around) Jamo, that should mean Klipsch will have access to all of Jamo's technology, manufacturing facilities, engineers (Trey, brushing up on your Danish 3.gif ), etc. and that could mean some new stuff for Klipsch (maybe the, "wow, why didn't we think of that!" syndrome)

Reguardless, Danish drivers are a good thing!

Jamo's product line bores me to tears, I fall asleep looking around on their web site.

Also, we own a Jamo subwoofer, does that retroactivly mean it is a Klipsch subwoofer now?

• Moderators

----------------

On 2/15/2005 5:15:41 PM scott0527 wrote:

How did Fred and Judy come to own Klipsch Audio in 1989? Do they rock? Give us some dirt Amy
1.gif

----------------

Fred bought the company from his cousin Paul in 1989.

Klipsch has aquired Jamo because the two product lines complement each other in design and sound philosophy. They will not be in direct competition.