For Sale: Scott LK-72 NOSValves Rebuilt

tommy499

I have a LK-72 that was completely rebuilt by Craig of NOSValve in Oct of 2004. I have decided to go with a Fisher 500C because I listen to the tuner alot. I need to raise some cash to fund my purchase of a pair of RF-7's.

This unit is very clean, and needs nothing. The tubes included: (3) telefunken 12AX7, (1) Mullard 12AX7, (2) "new" NOS Phillips 7199, and a quad set of Dumont 7591's.

I have alot of pictures I can send to any one that is interested. I am located in Rochester, NY, And I am very good at packing this type of item.

I have $650.00 invested in this unit. I am asking $500.00 or best offer. My loss can be your gain. I have a copy of the invoice from Craig, so that you can see the details of the work done to this unit. Thia amp is set up to run a center channel, and has a great phono section.

Email me at talesi1@rochester.rr.com

Thanks, Tom SALE PENDING!!!2.gif

For those of you who aren't big Scott fans this is a great buy. The LK72 is the kit version of the 299 integrated amp. Knowing it's been redone buy someone who knows Scott's, it's a real bargan. (No I don't know Tommy) : )

If it wasn't for the fact that I am about to recieve a completely redone 299D from Charlie at Vacuum Tube Valley I'd snap this up in a New York Minute!

Between 28 and 31 WPC of much stronger than the numbers indicate warm tube power.

Damm, if I only had another room in my house for another Hi Fi system,....

Bill Woodward

It will run a two channel system just fine. It has the ability to also run a centre mono channel. It is a great little integrated, I have one upstairs. I used it with my Cornwalls and it was a very nice sound, good midrange with a loudness button for when you need it at lower volumes. My LK-72 now works well with a pair of Paridigm 9s speakers. The only reason it is not in my main system, a pair of McIntosh MC-30's and a Juicy Peach. Definitely worth the investment as a relatively way to get very good tube sound without a large outlay in cash. You can do better, but not likely for what it will cost you. The other advantage is it can be sold later on for approximately the same price, so not much of a risk.

I'm sorry, I took it for granted that most of the people on this site would have a pair of fairly efficient speakers, and such may or may not be the case. I'm no real expert but if your speakers are 90db or better efficient this Scott will be more than enough to drive them.

I have a pair of Kilpsch KP301, (professional 3 way) speakers and they're 101db and my La Scalas are 104db and 35 watts, (rated) of Dynaco ST70 will give anyone more gain than they need.

I would love to snap this amp. up but there's just no place for me to put it!

Bill Woodward

This is a killer offer. Looks like Craig replaced the PS electrolytics and all the coupling caps. This thing will do 30 watts of clean power, with cornwalls it'll be shaking the walls and windows or your house and your neighbors house. You'll be running the volune control at 1 or 2 normally. Somebody ought to grab this like now. I already have too many amps and not enough money or I would already have it.

----------------

On 2/20/2005 3:55:11 AM arfandbark wrote:

I'm very interested, but is 28-31w enough to satisfy my needs?

I have a very quiet H/K 730, and a Crown 150 combo that buzzes like a Cicada bug in July.

The Crown stuff is almost enough, but is buzzy.

The H/K 730 makes no noise, but there's not enough volume.

At $500.00, in interested....

----------------

I was REALLY WORRIED when I bought my NOS Valves Scott LK-48 (20 Watts per channel). Several forum members let me know that this was plenty of power for my Khorns and they were right. I have never had it past 1/2 way. I my old house the room was about 16' wide x 45 deep and 24 foot ceiling, still PLENTY of power. A new integrated with this much power and aphono section would cost you a lot.

Chris

----------------

On 2/26/2005 1:39:19 AM Audio Flynn wrote:

A freind of mine had your basic 68 vette, no power accessories, no AC, 3 speed manual, 350 & 4 bolt main.

Not real flashy but plenty of $chit and get.

Very similar to the LK-72 for blowing your hair back.

----------------

Interesting observation, not a triple deuce carb square port heads 427, but gets the job done and won't put you in the poor house.

Here is my take on it. You obsess before buying over the options, then when you get it home, all the options or not, you still enjoy it. Teh wife and I went over this a week ago when buying some framed art for our dining room. We both liked one print more, but its frame was inferior. We bought the "second choice" one with the better frame (and lower price) and hung it up. We both love it now that we have it home.

Don't be afraid to buy this amp. And remember, Craig's amps hold their value because everyone here knows of his work.

Chris