OPINIONS

dodger

EDITED:

Everyone has an opinion They are a dime a dozen..

Now people say horns sound terrible. Some say certain brands are terrible.

Do I let that deter me? NO, IF I did, the following conditions, at a minimum would have to apply:

ONLY:

IF they buy the equipment for me

IF they bought want exactly what I want

IF they have used the exact same set up

IF they have used it in the same sized room , with the same furnishigs, other sound absorbing pieces in the same room

IF they have the exact same hearing curve

If they pay ALL of the person's bills - speaking for me - my bills

Now at the risk of being attacked by all of the "Audiophiles", do you realize how many put down McIntosh?

How many put down Klipsch?

Now what equipment a person chooses is paid for by them, a member of their family or a gift to them.

If anyone does not care for it fine. BUT it is kept in the confines of THeir house, it is THEIR taste, guided by by their initial opinion, their having to live to live with it. No-one forces another to come in and listen.

NO-ONE has the RIGHT to make negative comments. Constructive comments, suggestions, questions regarding room size, INCLUDING CEILING HEIGHT - the full formua includes length, width and height, wall composition, rugs, type of wood, concrete, cork for flooring or thickness of carpet plus any padding, number of windows... reflective surfaces...

Sheet Rock, plaster, tin ceilings, room shape, even sheen of paint make a difference in sound. Then add room treatments, if any and what kind, the number of people and it still boils down to - it is their equipment.

For those that may may feel otherwise Shure Microphone, Dope from Hope, Yamaha bulletins, Electro-Voice, The Eastman School of Music, Juliard School of Music, 30 Projects To Improve Your Stereo System by David B. Weems,© 1981 by Tab Books, numerous Stereophile, Audio, Stereo Review, Home Theater Magazines and Miss Manners books and Articles may be a start.

IF it sounds good to the listener (who most likely is the owner) - that IS ALL THAT COUNTS. To anyone else, an open mind needs be present and used.

dodger

END OF EDITING

Good post, Win. I agree. It's like Shaq was saying to Wolf Blitzer on CNN this morning. He said if a critic has never played professional basketball, he has no business making any comment about the NBA or it's players.

And WHO THE HELL puts down McIntosh? Give me their names and addresses and I'll personally see to it they never utter a word again!!!

I think you all have it backwards.

I see illegal drug use in most pro sports. It's wrong and I don't want my boys seeing them as a good examle of much of anything. (See, I can comment.)

As to your audio gear, just like your Hardly-Ableson, I may not tolerate it and consider it garbage. The way to cure that is to demonstrate your gear. My electronic crack dealer bad mouthed my La Scalas until he had to come to my house to upgrade my ACT-3. When he heard them, he completely changed his mind and tried to become a Klipsch dealer (believe it or not, but it did not work out). My response is, "If you'd heard my setup, you would not say that."

----------------

On 2/21/2005 8:33:24 AM John Albright wrote:

I see illegal drug use in most pro sports. It's wrong and I don't want my boys seeing them as a good examle of much of anything. (See, I can comment.)

As to your audio gear, just like your Hardly-Ableson, I may not tolerate it and consider it garbage. The way to cure that is to demonstrate your gear. My electronic crack dealer bad mouthed my La Scalas until he had to come to my house to upgrade my ACT-3. When he heard them, he completely changed his mind and tried to become a Klipsch dealer (believe it or not, but it did not work out). My response is, "If you'd heard my setup, you would not say that."

----------------

I never even mentioned any pro sports. I did mention that anyone can learn by reading, then they can go to a dealer and listen. They will be able to judge McIntosh Quality on its own merit.

I am not sure about other Forum Members, But I do not care for the idea of a crack head, or even an alcoholic in my house, just to let him/her hear my system. Yes, I have multi alarms.

But there are enough Audio Dealers for someone to go and listen to different types of equipment, along with the reading of the sources, along with taking into account the factors that I mentioned also.

John: this following section does NOT include you. There are enough people willing to give their opinion as to what is worst, what is best without benefit of taking the actual listener into account. And without hearing the actual pieces noted. What they have is the best, period.

dodger

----------------

On 2/21/2005 8:33:24 AM John Albright wrote:

----------------

I never even mentioned any pro sports.

I did mention that anyone can learn by reading, then they can go to a dealer and listen. They will be able to judge McIntosh Quality on its own merit. Or Klipsch Quality.

I am not sure about other Forum Members, But I do not care for the idea of a crack head, or even an alcoholic in my house, just to let him/her hear my system. Yes, I have multi alarms. But there are Audio Dealers to demonstrate systems.

But there are enough Audio Dealers for someone to go and listen to different types of equipment, along with the reading of the sources, along with taking into account the factors that I mentioned also. There are also Libraries.

John: this following section does NOT include you. There are enough people willing to give their opinion as to what is worst, what is best without benefit of taking the actual listener into account. And without hearing the actual pieces noted. What they have is the best, period. Their opinion is the only opinion that counts, period.

dodger

Ah well, I have my PRO AHL TEAM # ONE in the League. A number of the NHL members signed AHL contracts to keep playing. Too bad Marty Reasoner (from my City Didn't, or Fitzpatrick, or Gionta)

BTW: I was for Boston. As I posted before they won. And I was glad that they did.

dodger (for a Dodge Challenger)

dodger:

You mean some of these "guys" were just giving their OPINION??? I thought the bush next to 'em was burnin' and thought it was the "sermon from the Mount!"

I see there are some here who give opinions FROM EXPERIENCE and some who give opinions from "hearing" it somewhere on the "errornet!"

Some here give their opinion to HELP others (I think this is a good thing...but that is MY opinion...; )...and some here give their opinion to beat you over the head with it to show their superiority or to stroke their own egos...

those that have given me their opinions through either helping intentions or through experience...EVEN IF I DON'T AGREE WITH THEIR OPINIONS...I appreciate their viewpoint...those that have given their opinion because someone once told them they're a genius and they were fool enough to believe them...well..."It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool than to speak and remove all doubt..." (paraphrased, of course!)

Thanks to all the "helpers" and thanks to the others because it let me see you for who you truly are.

Just my .02

Bill

regardless, NONE of THEM deserves above "1.5" million a year, 7 goals, 12 asists, 75 games, and you play in Europe currently, for how much????.

Tiny Tim says, tip toe through the tulips with me....show the world what you got....and Im an Edmonton Oilers "season ticket holder"....I"m NOT renewing.......GOOD BYE NHL.....10.gif

your not missed, just bought her more Lingere....10.gif

----------------

On 2/21/2005 12:15:34 PM boomer9911 wrote:

regardless, NONE of THEM deserves above "1.5" million a year, 7 goals, 12 asists, 75 games, and you play in Europe currently, for how much????.

Tiny Tim says, tip toe through the tulips with me....show the world what you got....and Im an Edmonton Oilers "season ticket holder"....I"m NOT renewing.......GOOD BYE NHL.....
10.gif

your not missed, just bought her more Lingere....
10.gif

----------------

Boomer:

I never even said that they were worth 1 mil let alone 1.5 mil.

I did comment on the fact that there are three from what is the NHL in the league. Those are the only numbers besides standings that I even mentioned.

The AHL is a PRO league, albeit the farm clubs. But they are playing,

The Rochester Americans (Buffalo Farm Team) have 86 points, Manchester is the Closest in the League with 78, Milwaukee is third with 76 points.

I am not attempting to argue with you. Nor am I one of the three players mentioned. Though in a league equal to the AHL Apartments, cars, and many other perks are provided in Europe.

But since you have chosen to to add to what I have written, though you are not season ticket holder (and I did not mention my Status in this thread), I'm glad you are not renewing. That is your choice.

We are not at odds unless you choose to be then it will only be one sided as I have nothing against you. We have posted very little on the same topic.

dodger

I don't own a Mac amp (yet) but I do know that buying and hearing the C33 preamp and MVP-841 CD/DVD unit that Audio Classics set me up with has opened my eyes and ears to what fine audio can truly do to the senses.

The Rotel RB1080 amp I'm using now was a rush purchase because my Carver Receiver MX-150 was having problems (it's better now).

But some day...some day...I will have that MC202 or MC252 and a C40.