1986 Heresy II Woofers special?

randog!

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know that there is anything special about the '86 woofer.

I believe the three letter acronyms are for the finish, i.e., HBR is Heresy Birch Raw. THis would mean a birch cabinet with no finish. I suppose mine would be HBL, as they are black lacquer.

Marvel

Randog:

If you're talking 'bout those "rare" ones on ebay...they are 4 ohm woofers but I don't know if they are really rare or desirable...

HBR Heresy Birch Raw

HWO Heresy Walnut Oil

HWL Heresy Walnut Laquer

HOO Heresy Oiled Oak

...and so on...losts other finishes...welcome to the forum!

Bill16.gif

Okee-doke. I'm looking for a nice pair of Heresy's and this auction is local, which is the only way to go to save big bucks on shipping. However, in the moderate amount of time I've been looking, I hadn't heard about this 'rare' model so I hadda ask! 10.gif

It's also pretty funny that those acro's are so head-slapping simple and they are used so often between those in the know that those getting acquainted never stumble upon what the h*ll they really mean! Thanks for not making me feel stoopid. 2.gif

Ooh, black lacquer 3.gif Do they really come like that? Is it a nice piano finish?

Thanks,

Randog

Do you think I knew what they meant before I bought my 1st (and 2nd) set of Heresys last month??? 14.gif3.gif2.gif9.gif16.gif

We ALL gotta learn from someone...incidently...unless they are sumthin' special (really great condition, special wood that you just gotta have, etc...$400 is about the going rate for Heresys...if you can pick 'em up local (I got 1 set that way) you can save!)

Good luck!

Bill

I just took a look at those ebay Heresy's with the so-called "special" woofer, and my 86's have the same "cup" information that is shown in the description. My guess is that this is some "salesmanship" in order to sell the speakers for a higher price.

I'm not surprised they are not the "SIGNATURE EDITION", which have to be worth "double" that price, then, right?

"It's not the HEAT, It's the STUPIDITY"

----------------

On 2/22/2005 9:14:20 PM randog! wrote:

Ooh, black lacquer
3.gif
Do they really come like that? Is it a nice piano finish?

----------------

It's just a thin "semi-gloss" black paint over real wood veneer. They frequently are Birch underneath, although you can find some fancier veneers painted over by the factory to hide a wood defect.

Not ugly, but pretty simple in finish.

Rob

There is nothing special about those damped woofers I have seen them on Heresy II's before. They are not special order, that is the way some of them came and no they are not going to sound any better than your run of the mill Heresy II.

If he gets people to believe that they are special and gets more money he is a good salesman.

My black lacquer Heresy IIs are okay. As was mentioned, a semi gloss. I actually like them as they tend to disappear in the room. Definitely not a high gloss piano lacquer finish. My son bought mine off ebay, and they are in pretty good shape. A couple of small dings in one side. It is a lacquer though.

Marvel

Are there any sonic differences between the Heresy and Heresy II woofers? I've wondered about that. In a conversation with someone at Klipsch parts a few months ago, they mentioned that until just recently Klipsch parts stocked both. Now just the Heresy II woofer. Is it the K-22-E? Having an attack of amnesia now.

At any rate, the parts rep told me that there wouldn't be any real difference if used in an older Heresy.

Anyone have a take on this?

----------------

On 2/23/2005 2:11:55 PM silversport wrote:

Iron...

Didja get those Fortes???

Bill

----------------

No, still trying to set up a meeting as he's in the proccess of moving, kids sick, weekends only, yada...yada.

The money's burnin' a hole in my pocket. 11.gif