Want to buy/trade Chorus, Chorus II, Forte II

rplace

Probably more of a HT post but I did a quick search of earlier posts and it seems like the 2 channel forum is the best place to post this with respect to buying selling speakers. I am looking to buy a pair of WO Chorus or Chorus II in very nice condition. By nice I mean they pass the WAF for major dings/scrapes and my requirement of no water marks on the top. I currently have a pair of WO chorus so CIs are my first choice, but dont think CIIs are out unless somebody with listening experience can tell me that I am way off base here. I am looking to spend less then 1,000 dollars (depending on condition) for both the speakers and shipping combined to zip 21154 (Baltimore area) Willing to drive north to Philly or south to D.C possibly further. If you can help me out give me a shout and we can work out the details.

I might consider a beat up pair if the price is right. I could be talked into major fixing up or veneer to change a black/oak pair but the price would have to be a lot less. Sonically they would need to be all there and working.

I am the original owner of a pair of almost perfect OO Forte IIs that I would be interested in trading for WO Forte IIS.

Finally I would also be open to trades on my WO Chorus for OO Chorus. In short I want to end up with all my speakers in the same finish.

Probably unlikely that I will find the right person with the right gear in the condition to satisfy us both, but hey it is worth a shot.

I have a pair each of Heresy/Heresy IIs and two Academies that could also be thrown into the mix. I only want to get rid of my Academies if I find suitable CI/CIIs. That is I am not interested in selling/trading the Academies unless they are in trade for Chorus or selling them after I find the Chorus I am looking for.

Thanks for looking, Rich

I've discovered that pm'ing can only go 2 rounds before my computer locks up. I can respond to a pm but can't respond to a response. It usually takes about 20 minutes before I can get back into the forum after I lock up. Anyone else have this problem?

Not noticed anyting about how many back and forth trips but it simply won't take my reply. After that I can't get to the forums or even klipsch.com. You are right about the 20 minute time frame before things start working again. 20 minutes is a typical time out for some sessions on web servers...maybe it is related.

Enought of this tech-no-babble, who has my speakers2.gif

Bob/Gary: Not having any luck with email only back from your original messages.

Olorin: Tried to send you email via new message, please let me know if you got it.

Any and all others interested please send me mail directly to rplace*nospam*@mantistech.com remove the *nospam* to send it.

Thanks, Rich

Are you just looking to get a different finish on your cabinets? If so, you might consider removing all the components and just shipping the cabinets empty if you make a trade. It'd be a heck of a lot cheaper that way.

Btw, what is WO and OO?

----------------

On 3/9/2005 7:55:54 AM Audible Nectar wrote:

Use email, folks! Do not use the PM.

----------------

Problem with that is I can't access my work email from home or vice versa. Sometimes I have to use pm. Now I always send a new one instead of replying.

I may have it backward on the WO can't get it wrong on the OO. So the earlier post has it right. OO=Oiled Oak OW or WO =Oiled Walnut.

I currently have Walnut Chrous and Oak Forte II and Black Academies. Eventually I would like to end up with 3 Chorus across the front of my HT so I am looking to "find" another walnut pair (or single) to buy, at the same time I thought I would throw out the Forte trade. However I am open to any suggestions as long as I end up with 3 matching Chorus across the front and of lesser importance matching Forte. Currently my WOChrous/OOForte/WOForte front set up is bugging me when I watch a movie...however the sound is phenomenal.

Chris that is excellent, are you offering to buy them, pack them up and ship them to me and make some $$ for yourslef? I would want some pictures and a warm fuzzy feeling that they would be packed up nice and safe. Let me know what the total would be including shipping to zip 21154.

see my email address above...PM and email via forum is not working well for me.

Thanks, Rich

Are you shure you don't want some Khorns some just popped up in Columbia, MD with a pair of Heresy for $2500 OBO. Is that far from you? They are on AudioGon. I know leave it to me to complicate decisions that are already difficult. 9.gif

FRZN, already contacted the guy. He is willing to sell the khorns independent of the Heresies...that makes it more tempting. I have asked him twice for year, wood/finish, etc. He is not being very helpful. Short statements like "yes" with no info. We will see...

Hey if you have the time/ability can you (or anyone) give me "footprint" of a khorn? I see they are aprox 51 tall, 28 deep and 31 wide, but they are basically triangles stuffed in your corners at 45-degree angles. If I start in a corner how far along each wall to they go? Is it 28 measured from the corner to the face of the speaker at 45 degrees from the corner? The reason I ask is my screen is very wide and my wall is not so wide. If I did not have enough room I would have to raise the screen and 51 or more from the ground up would not be ideal I don't think. Time to take some precise measurements.

Edit

Took a closer look at Khorn pix. I see they are not quite a triangle. When looking down at the top of the speaker from above can someone please start at the pont that would be in the corner and give me the dimensions of the 5 sides? Or answer this question. Between the bottom of my screen and 52 inches up from the floor I have between 28 and 28.5 inches from the edge of the screen to the side wall. Will Khorns fit in between the side wall and edge of the screen?

End Edit

Thanks, Rich

----------------

On 3/9/2005 5:20:17 PM rplace wrote:

Took a closer look at Khorn pix. I see they are not quite a triangle. When looking down at the top of the speaker from above can someone please start at the pont that would be in the corner and give me the dimensions of the 5 sides? Or answer this question. Between the bottom of my screen and 52 inches up from the floor I have between 28 and 28.5 inches from the edge of the screen to the side wall. Will Khorns fit in between the side wall and edge of the screen?

End Edit

Thanks, Rich

----------------

Right, it's a home-plate pentagon shape. The two sides at the back are 22.5" to 23" long, the minimum length of wall needed from the corner. However, the front sides of a K-horn jut further out, as you can see from the pix, so that more like 33" from the corner is needed for visual clearance. While K-horns might be shoved into a 28" space if your screen is extremely shallow, they'll most certainly cut into the view at the sides -- if they even fit.

Beyond that, the walls ideally shouldn't be obstructed for perhaps 4' from the corner, to let bass waves launch properly. A shallow screen might be OK, but larger items might cramp the launch. How narrow is your room at that end, anyway? Is this a narrow inset at that end of the room? My room is a narrow 11' wide, which still means 5.5' of cleared wall space, not ideal.

Larry