Bluenote Bellagio

3dzapper

I just bought this Bluenote Bellagio. on Agon. I don't have a Rega arm but the seller is going to lend me a Bluenote arm to audition. The best part is the seller is in Rhode Island, no shipping worry. He is going to come down Saturday to deliver it and help with set-up.

bluenote.jpg

Needless to say I will be listing some things on eBay like 2 Technics SL1200s, Empire 208, one of my Scott 340Bs with new coupling caps, bridge rectifier and bias mod and ?

I'm excited!!!!3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif

Rick

SHOOT!!! In my excitement, I forgot my Blueberry is at Marks place for a tune-up. I'll have to use a Scott for a phono-pre.4.gif

post-12829-13819262275834_thumb.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is without a doubt the fanciest cd player I've every seen.9.gif

Congratulations! Your Barry Manilow collection has finally found a home.

All kidding aside that's one awesome looking piece of gear. Looking ofrward to reading your listenng impressions.

Thanks Thebes but I don't have any Barry Manilow CDs15.gif . Thebes ole buddy, ole pal of mine did I ever tell you what a great guy you are? I will if you can help me with a dust cover.)

The price was right too, I got a couple hundred off to go toward an arm.

Mark, You done yet? 11.gif

You didn't toss the tubes like Erik did I trust?6.gif

Rick

Congratulations!

As a self confessed vinyl junkie, it's wonderful to see individuals putting serious effort and dollars into vinyl playback. What do you think will be your short list for the tonearm and cartridge? Maybe there's a LOMC in your future.

Now, if only my son will hurry through college so I can have my VPI HRX.3.gif

Klipsch out.

"What do you think will be your short list for the tonearm and cartridge? Maybe there's a LOMC in your future."

Since the table is coming with a Rega drilled adaptor,for an arm I was thinking of an Incognito wired RB-300 or 250. Many times I have read that a properly modded and wired RB-250 beats everything else in the Rega line. First I'll audition the Bluenote arm which uses the same mounting as a Rega. If I like it and the price is right I may just stop there.

For a cart? Beleave it or not, I really like my Shure V15 IV. I also have an assortment of Grados, MAs and ATs to test. Low output moving coils are a whole 'nother ball game. What with matching transormers and all. Maybe a medium output like a Sumiko Blackbird.

One step at a time. I've been looking at VPI Scoutmasters in the same price range but when I saw this Bluenote in Rhode Island and read the reviews, I had to act. Luckily I have a very understanding wife.1.gif

Rick

Rick,

I remeber you being somewhat envious when I got the Scout that you helped me find (who am I kidding... you threw it in my lap). I'd bet you don't feel that way any more!

Make sure your zapper batteries are OK before you fire it up!

Happy for you!

Ben

Cool looking TT. Nice choice. We expect a full report of course.

Not overly convinced by supercharged RB250's - just make sure you can adjust VTA with the thing (some have adapters to allow this).

How hard is it to get a mod to allow other arms to fit. Something tells me that thing will sing with a decent SME arm....then again - most things do.

Of course if you want to go big bucks (and assuming you are not mad enough to go linear) the Shroeder arm is the current pop pickers favorite - in other words BRILLIANT apparently - even better than the SME 5.

So much play ahead....

"Not overly convinced by supercharged RB250's - just make sure you can adjust VTA with the thing (some have adapters to allow this)."

The factory mount comes standard with VTA adjustment for Rega mount arms.1.gif If it sounds "right" and if I can buy the Bluenote arm right from the dealer it actually belongs to, I'll keep it.

Thanks Wayne. Can you build one of those in your shop?2.gif

I'll have pictures and a report this weekend. Unfortunately, I have to go out participate in a state championship archery shoot Sunday. That means practice tomorrow and almost a day lost to listening on Sunday.8.gif

Beautiful!

A round top plate housing for the ICs and CPU, stainless steel walking legs and a horizontal antenna. Very cool. Does this robot walk by itself or can you control it from a hand-held unit? It is a robot, right?

2.gif

----------------

On 3/11/2005 9:48:54 AM Colin wrote:

Beautiful!

A round top plate housing for the ICs and CPU, stainless steel walking legs and a horizontal antenna. Very cool. Does this robot walk by itself or can you control it from a hand-held unit? It is a robot, right?

2.gif

----------------

LMAO! I was trying to think of something witty like that to post but had a brain freeze. Thanks for the chuckles Colin.

Some of these TT designs are really out there these days. Mine looks very plain in comparison which is fine. My wife thinks it must be a really low-end model, what with all those wires sticking up from the back of the arm.2.gif