Article: AES Preprint re LaScala by PWK

WMcD

Before I open up the Belles I have to move furniture.

Before or while I move furniture, I have to vacuum and shampoo the carpet and rugs.

Probably before I do that I have to clean the kitchen and bath.

Before I do that I have to do taxes.

Before all that there is "work" and the health club.

In the course of taking that picture at the delivery area I put down my gym bag. Now it is gone. Rats.

It may take a while.

Gil

Edited by WMcD

Gil, as usual thanks.

I found it interesting that PWK contrasted a two way model with the three way La Scala. Found it surprising, to my non-technical understanding, that the three way performed so much better on measured output.

Since the first use of La Scala was for portable PA use in the campaign of Winthrop Rockefeller for govenor of Arkansas... wonder if Mr. Paul was a Republican.

Of course, there were plenty of decent yellow dog democrats who were voting against Orval Faubus of Little Rock Central High School infamy.

Really like seeing that plate 630601, it shows the low end to be 16dB down with respect to the peak output near 200hz.

Roughly ±4dB from 60cps~300cps, and ±5dB out to 17K.

The Altec A7 is a 16 ohm unit with a 416 woofer and the small magnet compression driver (an 804 or 806, not an 802).

• 11 years later...