What are you listening to right now???

minn_male42

Welcome on board McKlipsch, where in Ohio you at? I'm right here in Indy!

Michael

so there's like three of us minimum jammin with Tommy right now?

"well I'm bustin out for Rosie, cause she says that I'm her boy,

now I'm feelin crisp and toasty, and my soul is jumpin for joy..."

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that was Tommy's last official release during his lifetime. He was touring in support of the album, backing Jeff Beck Band, when he passed away from 'multiple drug intoxication' after a show at Miami's Jai Ali stadium. No doctor was summoned to the scene for fear of adverse publicity.

One of his early basement songs features the lyric 'they gonna watch me die'. He lived and died like a true Jazz legend and Rock superstar. It was a fast glorious blaze of a life. He was gone at 25 years of age.

Fish, that's the first Archive release, the recordings and performance get better with time. TBACD2 is Ebbetts field 1976 at end of Tommy's career with Wild Dogs, Grind, PeoplePeople, Lotus and the infamous Marching Powder. May 13 to be exact.

Michael- TURN IT UP- can't wait to get those INdustrial LS home!

Michael,I hear you on the recording/performance but I remember some of my old recordings and it has that same feel,less than perfect but real live,raw and listenable.Just wanted to ask if its just me or does the song Drifter from CTTB just kick a$$?Thats one of those tunes that I just love to crank it up on.

----------------

On 3/13/2005 8:38:36 PM Hallwalker wrote:

now playing Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes Live at The Greek double cd
3.gif9.gif

----------------

Great cds,I ordered the dvd on ebay,can hardly wait till it gets here.

I'm an Ian Gillan fan from way back, but the dual vocals of Glenn Huges' 5 octave range with David COverdales gruff voice just always send chills. Ian Paice is quite the swing drummer as well. Yes the Band Rocks!

Archives has a CD titled 1420 Beechwood Drive, the address of the rehersal studio. Tapes recorded during the rehearsals and writing of CTTB.

the Drifer songwriting sequence starts with a call for booze:

DC(rattling ice cubes at mic to Nicky Bell, roadie)

"Nicky, drinky"

TB (in best American west cowboy drawl)

Yeah, make me one too, a scotch and soda, a real tall one, make it two.

pause,

And you sound cats, you're holding out on the weed, so bring it out guys, bring it out!

"Days may come and Days may go"

Michael

----------------

On 3/13/2005 6:29:08 PM filmboydoug wrote:

Once by Nightwish.

----------------

If you like Nightwish, you gotta check out Therion. Right now, I am listening to Lemuria by Therion (although, I'll admit, I can do without the grawling vocals on some of the tracks).

Let me also add: If you go and listen to Therion, make sure you listen to anything from Theli and beyond. Before that, they were pretty much a heavy death metal type band, complete with the annoying grawling vocals that I've never really developed a tolarance, let alone a taste, for.

Now, if you are into that kind of thing, by all means....

g56932abwgi.jpg

Feb 29, 1960 session recorded with the Miles Davis rhythm section of Wynton Kelly, piano, Paul Chambers, bass, and Jimmy Cobb on drums, produced by Lester Koenig. Conte Candoli sits in with his smooth running trumpet sound on 3 tracks. Pepper's tone is clear and melodic. A really nice recording.

d71460c1722.jpg

1958 San Francisco session with Cal Tjader, vibes, Stan Getz, tenor sax, Vince Guaraldi, piano, Eddie Duran, guitar, Scott LaFaro, bass, Billy Higgins, drums, a GREAT combination with joyous vibes and effortless sax. "When you got it, you got it. And they have."

these Fantasy Jazz releases also happen to be some of the BEST sounding SACDs I have heard to date.

----------------

On 3/13/2005 6:26:48 PM nicholtl wrote:

----------------

On 3/13/2005 6:07:06 PM SteelerFan wrote:

Right now it's The White Stripes (sorry m00n), but I picked up Mars Volta-Frances The Mute at Circuit City last night for $7.99. I've heard "The Widow" on the radio and like it, I'm hoping the rest is just as good.

----------------

You might be supremely disappointed, ol' bud...

----------------

Might be, in which case I'll be glad it was only $8.

----------------

On 3/13/2005 6:34:26 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 3/13/2005 6:07:06 PM SteelerFan wrote:

Right now it's The White Stripes (sorry m00n),

----------------

No appologies necessary, if you wanna ruin your speakers by playing that goop be my guest.
2.gif

----------------

I know I'm taking a big chance, but I'm playing it LOUD!2.gif