• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 4/22/2005 12:14:12 AM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

Toadies - Rubberneck

----------------

Toadies are pretty cool. I guess the singer has a new band called Burden Brothers. Maybe? Toadies got me into Our Lady Peace. I always thought they were the same band way back when. That album by Our lady Peace "Naveed" is awesome.

----------------

On 4/22/2005 1:29:59 AM wheelman wrote:

----------------

On 4/22/2005 12:14:12 AM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

Toadies - Rubberneck

----------------

Toadies are pretty cool. I guess the singer has a new band called Burden Brothers. Maybe? Toadies got me into Our Lady Peace. I always thought they were the same band way back when. That album by Our lady Peace "Naveed" is awesome.

----------------

That's right. Taz Bentley (sp?) from the Toadies formed the Burden Brothers. They'll be playing all over Texas this summer. Anyone that likes a true high energy rock show should try to see them.

Rick.

----------------

EVERYBODY IS SOME KIND OF JUNKIE

----------------

Hey Wheelman,

Where did you get that line from? Aren't you too young to know about the GODZ of rock n roll? (lol) Weren't they almost famous for a couple of hours in the late '70s? I saw them play in Huntington W.Va. in 1979.

Rick.

Jimmy Smith Plays Fats Waller. Got a NM+ copy (looks & sounds like its never been played) off ebay from a local guy for $10 and picked it up today.

Killer recording.

Edit: The more I listen to this LP, the more I feel like heading to the roller rink.10.gif

----------------

On 4/22/2005 5:18:13 PM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

----------------

EVERYBODY IS SOME KIND OF JUNKIE

----------------

Hey Wheelman,

Where did you get that line from? Aren't you too young to know about the GODZ of rock n roll? (lol) Weren't they almost famous for a couple of hours in the late '70s? I saw them play in Huntington W.Va. in 1979.

Rick.

----------------

Nope not to young the Godz are rockin roll machines!!! I grew up to alot of the classics. I had really cool older cousins and hung out with the older crowd growing up.