What are you listening to right now???

minn_male42

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy Bolin with the ALphonse Mouzon band (that's an soon-to-be Deep PUrple guitarist with a French Drummer a la Billy Cobham)

Extremely funky jazz/rock from the 70's

oh yeah, just bought a pair of Industrial (fibreglass/aluminum trim) off eBay for $1500- in GREAT condition!

Michael

Well,since my desk is in my listening room I'm usually listening while surfing.At the moment,Frank Zappa dvda of Halloween(live)NYC 1978.Lots of great guitar work and really good sound for the era.

----------------

On 3/13/2005 6:07:06 PM SteelerFan wrote:

Right now it's The White Stripes (sorry m00n), but I picked up Mars Volta-Frances The Mute at Circuit City last night for $7.99. I've heard "The Widow" on the radio and like it, I'm hoping the rest is just as good.

----------------

You might be supremely disappointed, ol' bud...

James Gang Straight Shooter. I think Tommy Bolin had left by this time. Great ballads.

Yes McKlipsch, Tommy Bolin wrote most of the songs on Miami and Bang, then did the Jazz things, then one album/tour with Deep Purple, two solo album and then he was taken from us. Prior to James Gang, He had a Boulder Co group called Energy (no recordings) and then Zephyr for a couple albums.

EDIT

Good Man Fish! I just scrolled down and saw your post. On CTTB song Dealer, during the little Spanish break, check out Tommy's only vocal contribution to the album:

'In the beginning all you wanted

was the calm before the storm

If the bluebird plays the eagle

He finds his song will turn to stone.'

I'm a member of Tommy Bolin Archives, have like 22 posthumous recordings on CD plus all the available stuff. Can't find the disc for my CTTB CD. Was the official photographer of the Archives concerts in Denver back in early 90's Got to meet Glenn Hughes and the guys. Very cool time. Got a bunch of tshirts, amazing at the conversations they start. Think it's tbolin.com for the Archives, great quality on the CD's that were remastered from Tommmy's basement tapes and live recordings. I have a CD I made with like 8 versions of STRUT on it. My boat is named TEASER!

END EDIT

Michael

----------------

On 3/13/2005 5:46:46 PM garymd wrote:

"Sonny Side Up" with Sonny Rollins, Sonny Stitt and Dizzy Gillespie.
1.gif
----------------

Helluva tenor battle, eh?

If you get into tenor battles--you're gonna have to go down this road pretty soon! I just lkstened to these two this afternoon:

B00000478H.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00006466T.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg