Vintage McIntosh and Marantz Gear -- Plentiful Supply Just Down The Road

Gilbert

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I didn't see anything that looked to be used for scrap parts. All the the MC240's that I looked at were gorgeous, all were 85/90% to Printine. One MC240 was stunning.

This guy knows Marantz, probably (?), better than anyone on this forum. He is truely amazing, and friendly.

----------------

On 3/26/2005 4:02:25 PM Gilbert wrote:

----------------

On 3/26/2005 3:41:45 PM Audible Nectar wrote:

We are (hopefully) working on the 30's for Timmikid (if you recall, he got taken a few months ago - played out right here on the forum) He is in the Netherlands.

I suppose anyone could bid on 'em, but we sort of have a collective project going here in an attempt to score Timmikid his amps.

----------------

FOR TIMMI!!!!...it's MC30's or bust.

Okay, I will ask him for his rock bottom price on the MC30's, especially since it looks like they won't sell on ebay. I shall become, "Super Haggler", my jewish blood is starting to warm up...so look out.

MC30's for Timmikid....REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

----------------

Guys, you are making me blush

1.gif1.gif

Thanks to all, the search continues. These were too scratched and too expensive.

Tim.

I was going to purchase them as well but he wants too much! One was missing the screws for the tranny cover, and was also missing the rectifier tube. I wonder if they had replaced it with a solid state one and mounted it below the chassis like I have seen done on other MC-30's. I would have taken them if the price was more reasonable and fair.

Heck I would rather spend the $1600 for the MC-40's on Dewick's site, however the more I think about it for my particular situation I don't think that the tubes would sound any better than what I already have. Plus I don't want to have to invest additional monies in NOS tube sets, cap replacement, etc., etc. associated with old vintage tube amplification. I have two $5K amplifiers right now that run Class A in the ranges that I use them in so that is good enough for me.

If I was was going to drop $1400 - $1600 I would put it towards brand new units like Craig's VRD's and forget the antiquities.

I am watching a pair of Luxman MB3045's though. 2.gif

----------------

On 3/29/2005 1:11:42 AM dewickt wrote:

Small world, got mailed this thred, started to read it and Behold - I know Dave, I do his repair work for most of his stuff. Allways have wondered what and where it all came from.

----------------

Wecome aboard Terry!!!

Rick

Been hearing about you guys in the Khorn group for quite a while, have to keep you all on track with your McIntosh gear, the MC30 on the bench has .065% THD at 30W and is within .2dB from 10hZ to 60KhZ at 30W, I bet the Khorn it gets tied to will sing.

-------------

"No, I didn't see anything that looked to be used for scrap parts"

-------------

Thanks for checking Gilbert.

Welcome to the forum Terry! I've also sent a few things your way! BTW, is that my MC30 on the bench or is it already heading this way..?

1.gif

Yours has an estimated delivery of March 30, the one on the bench is the fourth one heading for Conn. in the morning, had 4 MC30's at the same time, ran out of filter capacitors and ordered more. Couple of months ago I had a run on MC60's with 2 pair at the same time, talk about heavy !!

I'm sure Terry doesn't remember me as it's been a couple years and a very small order, but welcome anyway. I just noticed your post in another thread but had a feeling this was the thread that brought you here.

Glad to hear this guy's gear has been in good hands.1.gif