Had Cataract Surgery on Tuesday

lynnm

I am happy that your surgery went well for you. Intraocular lens implants are woderful.

About half of the folks in your situation will need YAG laser surgery on the posterior lens capsule. It is even easier and also works very well. Be sure to see your opthalmologist as scheduled. (They always give me a bad time for being late. 9.gif )

Bill

----------------

On 3/31/2005 11:11:26 AM MrMcGoo wrote:

I am happy that your surgery went well for you. Intraocular lens implants are woderful.

About half of the folks in your situation will need YAG laser surgery on the posterior lens capsule. It is even easier and also works very well. Be sure to see your opthalmologist as scheduled. (They always give me a bad time for being late.
9.gif
)

Bill

----------------

Tell them it's their fault, as you have trouble reading your watch...

Lynn,

Great to hear you're doing well!

Does this mean that your hearing won't sound as good now?

Uh.. ok... Not sure anyone will get that humor, but you know how people who are blind apparenly are much more tuned into their hearing?

Ok, I'll go away now... 4.gif

Good to hear that your vision is much better. I'd be very afraid to have anyone messing with my eyes.

Glad your surgery and recovery went and is going well. My Mom had both eyes done when scalpels were used to remove the lens. She still does not have the implants feels her sight with the coke bottle bottoms is just fine. She is in her 80's now so I dont see any reason to encourage her to have any unnecessary surgery. She said she had to lie perfectly still for about 5 ½ hours per eye and could not do any exaggerated motions for a month after it was done so the stitches did not pull. My Father had the laser surgery and implants done he loved the results.

I too am glad to hear of your successful surgery. I would imagine that it's almost a shock at how things really look due to the gradual degradation of sight over a long period of time.

I see a Doc next week for LASIK consultation. I really hate spending the moola, but wearing contacts while playing tennis just doesn't get it anymore. Anyhow......

Here's wishing you well with your recovery.1.gif

Tom

fini

"Does this mean that your hearing won't sound as good now?"

I hope not!! I already use hearing aids!

Amazingly the cataract that was removed was on my left eye. Now two days post surgery the distance vision in that eye is superior to my right eye which tested 20/20 after surgery.

The only real problem for me is that my surgeon has warned me not to have sex for three weeks. Although my wife looked damned good before the surgery she now looks even better. So now I have to choose between "knowing" her or seeing her.

I'm going to have to get back to you on that one!

----------------

On 3/31/2005 10:59:23 PM lynnm wrote:

The only real problem for me is that my surgeon has warned me not to have sex for three weeks.

----------------

So if we hear you have to go back for more surgery, we know that you've been a naughty boy!

Thats great Lynn! Glad you're experiencing major improvement!

However I gotta tell ya, maybe a little more of that funny smellin' green stuff..................... could have avoided this.

3.gif