Looking for song ideas

There must be hundreds of those type songs, and that doesn't even count the one hit wonders.

In the year 2525

If man is still alive

If woman can survive they may find

In the year 3535

Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies

Everything you think, do and say

Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545

Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes

You won't find a thing to chew

Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555

Your arms hanging limp at your sides

Your legs got nothing to do

Some machine's doing that for you

In the year 6565

Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife

You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too

From the bottom of a long glass tube, whoa-oh

In the year 7510

If God's a-comin' He oughta make it by then

Maybe He'll look around Himself and say

Guess it's time for the judgment day

In the year 8510

God is gonna shake His mighty head

He'll either say I'm pleased where man has been

Or tear it down and start again, whoa-oh

In the year 9595

I'm kinda wonderin' if man is gonna be alive

He's taken everything this old Earth can give

And he ain't put back nothin', whoa-oh

Now it's been ten thousand years

Man has cried a billion tears

For what he never knew

Now man's reign is through

But through eternal night

The twinkling of starlight

So very far away

Maybe it's only yesterday

I spoke with Mr DJ this afternoon and ran everyones' suggestions by him, apparently most of you hit the desired playlist on the head because many of the suggestions are things he's played in one of his last two or three shows. He said about 5 times a year is all he likes to play any individual song, so as to ensure lots of variety. Here's a partial list of the ones that he's planning on playing, assuming he can find them all:

Star Spangled Banner-Hendrix

Requiem For the Masses-The Association

Sam Stone-John Prine

Universal Soldier- He said though Donovan made it a cover, it was actually

written and previously recorded by someone else, I forget who, and that he'd

play that version.

Incense And Peppermints-Strawberry Alarm Clock

Monster-Steppenwolf

Song For Our Ancestors-Steve Miller Band

Fresh Air-Quicksilver Messenger Service

He liked most all of the suggestions, problem being that many of them he'd played lately and doesn't want to repeat. Thanks again for all the good suggestions, I know I plan on listening in. 7-10 pm Central time, 91.7 FM or simulcast on KAXE.org. Join in and enjoy the show if you get a chance!!

Bump. Sounds like a great evening this Wednesday so I'll bump this over the next two days and hopefully some of us will listen in and compare notes after the show.

7-10 pm Central time, 91.7 FM or simulcast on KAXE.org.

----------------

On 4/11/2005 7:24:25 PM thebes wrote:

Bump. Sounds like a great evening this Wednesday so I'll bump this over the next two days and hopefully some of us will listen in and compare notes after the show.

7-10 pm Central time, 91.7 FM or simulcast on KAXE.org.

----------------

How about letting the twins bump it?

Added: I've just tuned into KAXE and they're playing some good blues right now.

Me too. Just heading out now, should be pulling into the driveway at 6:55.

BTW, was at lunch yesterday and today at the same place I originally talked to the DJ at, he and the lady that owns the place are good friends, she brought in a receiver from home to hook into the house system, big JBL's on the stage, not sure what they have for a setup, but they do have live bands every weekend, so it outta crank some dB's. They're planning on calling him during the show to say "HI" , they'd even talked about getting something out on their roadside sign indicating it was a special music night. Hopefully they got an antennea hooked up that will bring in the station. Just called em, they have everything set up and station is coming in fine.

Gotta run!!!

Small world! Glad you enjoyed the show. I was able to listen to the whole thing, though half of it was out in the garage on a portable AM/FM radio. A lot of stuff I hadn't heard in a long time, and some I don't recall ever hearing but enjoyed anyway. I think Jim enjoyed doing the show, but also feel that it was hard for him to do his final show after hosting it for so long.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Since I just got broadband this was my first experience with streaming audio. The Twins and I settled in front of the computer and I must say the sound was great coming out of those little promedia's.

The lineup was a wonderfull mixture, mostly 60's rock, with great songs like John Prine's "Sam Stone" which always gets to me. He also played Hendrix's version of the Star Spangled Banner (first heard it at Woodstock-can't recall if that was the first time he played it), and he finished the night with some Santana. In my area radio just plain sucks, glad to see there are still some folks out their playing music instead of ads.

Another great thing, about midway through the program comes a dedication to "Thebes and the other great members of the Klipsch Board".

Well The Twins get very excited hearing my name on the air (apparantly they are too young to have a lot of exposure to call-in shows). They even pulled down the Atlas to see where it was being broadcast from. For some reason they thought Grand Rapids was near New York City and they figured a shopping trip to the Apple with a stop by to talk to the DJ would be in order. Not sure yet how I'm going to get out of this one, but the listening was worth it.