Need a bit of help

My wife has this internet buisness and were having a hell of a time getting it noticed she keeps dumping money into it we dont have because its not doing anything.

So if its ok with Klipsch id like to place the link in here.

Thank you Jim

Glendas Collectables Odds N Enz store.com

I found that both Yahoo and Excite pick up your site on a search. Google does not. I don't know what it takes to get Google to index your site, short of paying money. OTOH, most people seem to search with Google.

I also noticed that every page in your site that I went to increments your "hit" counter, every time I went to it. So even though I only visited your site once, I incremented your counter about 6 times.

Maybe if she listed some audio products . . .

Using meta keywords is a way to NOT get your site on google. Google picks up on body content very well, make sure what you think would be search words people would use to find your product are in the text on your default page.

Paying google for ads is another way.

Another way is joining a link exchange of some kind.

"If it's not making any money then it's not a buisness

but a hobby."

I've worked for a couple of companies who weren't making any money... those jobs weren't hobbies! :-)

EDIT: Jim, re: "Glendas Collectables Odds N Enz store.com" Could it be that part of the recognition problem is that she spelled "Collectibles" wrong?

I don't know what it takes to get Google to index your site, short of paying money.

You hit the nail right on the head. Google only promotes a site if you pay a per search hit charge. It is not at all uncommon for Google to charge a business as much as $100,000 a year for 'hit's'. You could try the news groups and try posting a link to your site there. Look for ones dealing with the types of things her business does.

( example: if you sell tubes, rec.audio.tubes... etc)

It used to be that if you included a lot of certain key words in your page title in the HTML code, search engines would pick up on it. I think this is still true.

But Google is all about the money. You have to pay them or you get lost in the shuffle unless your site is totally uniqe without much competition in it's area.

Bill B.

But a well written site can be found with a Google search. I do my church's website (and others), and I know we don't pay Google. The ads on the right side after you do a search are a whole other matter.

Marvel