Tiger's shot on 16

boomac

When youve watched and played as much golf as I have youve seen a lot of fantastic shots but the chip shot Tiger Woods made today, on the 16th hole, was absolutely the greatest golf shot I've ever seen made. Considering the pressure, the lie and the contour of the green, it was simply remarkable. He formed a plan and executed it perfectly. I feel for DeMarco. The guy played excellent golf and never gave up but why not one more club on 18?

DeMarco indeed made a great run. 2nd in two straight majors is more bread than many will make in their lives! The guy really showed some guts, but I can't explain the approach on the playoff hole any more than I can the theory of relativity. It did sound a bit fat off the club, though. Bummer. The man showed heart.

Tiger's chip really was unreal. And how bout the two guys going nuts in the gallery?! If any of you golf fans have a chance to go to a major tournament, I'd recommend taking some vacation time to do so. I saw the PGA Championship at Oak Hill in Rochester, and it was really incredible. Plus I've got some unbelievable phots from the practice rounds.

Ya know I guess on some level I was rooting for Demarco, he seems to have that perpetual brides maid syndrome. He played great but yeah I wonder about his club choice on 18 as well. Of course we can arm chair caddy all day long, we werent playing for the Masters Championship!

Tigers shot on 16 was friggin unbelievable. I saw him hit it then it landed and checked and I thought wow this is gonna be close. The playoff would have been moot if Demarco had made the birdie on 16 as well. Tiger came back to him after that. He was beatable, but still we had another great finish in a major! Ya gotta love it.

That's what I love about professional golf. When you have two or three guys going head to head with so much at stake it's just a pleasure to watch. These guys dont get paid unless they perform and considering that kind of pressure they sure maintain a great deal of composure and class. I can see where non golfers might find it boring but for me, sport on the tube doesnt get any better than what I saw today.

Woods' chip was unreal. He could stand there and hit 1000 balls and never duplicate that shot. I was shocked that after putting that one down he proceeded to screw the pooch on 17 and 18 and back up to DiMarco. That 8-iron on 18 that he came out of and pushed into the trap was just TERRIBLE--even I would have been upset with that one! DiMarco must have been between clubs both times at 18--and both times he tried to scald a shot and didn't quite hit it pure--espcially the second one--really seemed to hit it thick.

great golfing....

Great shot by tiger....I was thinking he was surely going to get a bogey from there....but BAM....jams it in the jar.....

Dimarco on 18...was afraid of hitting long and to the upper level...making a tricky downhill putt...which would be real easy for bogey....

he was trying to protect par while having chance for birdie......

Tiger did get lucky to hold him off...as tiger's swng went somewhere...that is for sure...

on 17...he is in other fairway( heck I am not that bad....hehehe)...then underclubs....and is short of green...then hits crappy chip....and soem how manages to get it in hole for bogey.....

The shot on 16 was great....but some of his other terrible shots...will also make the same highlight film...hehehe

I still can't believe it! Amazing shot! I REALLY wish DiMarco's chip had gone in on 18. He deserved it.

What a finish!

I went to the '79(?) Masters when my mother lived in Ga. The year Fuzzy won. That place is unbelievably beautiful. TV doesn't do it justice. I got there early and watched as they vacumed leaves out of the woods. The course is just PERFECT! I'd pay a large sum to play a round there.

Gotta give some credit to CBS for an absolutely pristine HD signal. Watching the Sunday Round was made even better by the clarity of the broadcast.

But, gotta say, I am sick and tired of the syrupy old Masters back-ground music and the BS reverential tones of the common-taters. I ended up watching with the sound off. Golf needs a touch of NASCAR or bowling.

Without going into to sad details, I was aced out of a round at Augusta National by the Company CFO of one of my clients. It was his spot to begin with, he had something come up and I was in. He juggled, at the last minute, and I was out.

That last slight turn of Tigers ball could have been the result of the grass moving. Late in the day, shadows and even growth can cause grass to move. If a bill is close to the lip, during anytime of day, you can sometimes get the grass to slightly move if you put yourself between the ball and the sun. This raises a question, however, and I have never really gotten a definitive answer or explanation as to how such an occurrance would be handled according to the rules of golf.

What do ya think Allan? Maybe Tiger has "Big Time" connections? DeMarco's ball slides off the green when Tiger's ball lands. Tiger makes that unbelievable chip on 16 and DeMarco's chip on 18 hits the pin and fails to drop. I'd be scratchin' my head!

Replays showed DiMarco's ball starting to roll before Tiger's tee shot hit the green, but it sure did wait a long time before moving. DiMarco should have sprinted up there and marked it! What a great tournament! The Masters has always been my favorite tournament and this one was as good as any. DiMarco deserves credit for battling all day long and almost chipping in on 18 to take the title.

The chip shot of Tigers - You watch. I can see a new Nike Commercial coming out of it.

You'll see the entire shot and when the ball pauses, a caption pops up "Just do it!". Then the ball drops in. The Nike swoosh/logo is clearly seen in the shot.

I was rooting for Dimarco as the underdog. Too bad he missed those shots on the front nine.

Tiger's shot, was one definately for the ages.

Nike's 80 million dollar man, and married man even, came through.

It was an amazing shot for sure, on 16... And on High Def was fun to watch too. I did notice they sure did pause putting that jacket on Tiger with the red Nike logo so the mass of pics of him slipping it on could be captured for journalists.

I am happy for him, and glad the masses feel he has found his game again.

mrock, I was here to write the same thing. I bet we see the commercial before the end of next week. It was amazing that the ball paused and staring you in the face was the nike logo. That shot alone probably just made Tiger millions more. But you are right

the pause

"just do it"

and then the ball drops

----------------

On 4/11/2005 10:00:39 AM wangdang wrote:

Gotta give some credit to CBS for an absolutely pristine HD signal. Watching the Sunday Round was made even better by the clarity of the broadcast.

But, gotta say, I am sick and tired of the syrupy old Masters back-ground music and the BS reverential tones of the common-taters. I ended up watching with the sound off. Golf needs a touch of NASCAR or bowling.

----------------

"NASCAR or BOWLING".

It's the MASTERs!!!!!

Tradition and syrupy music go hand and hand. That with other aspects IS what makes it the MASTERS!!!!! I suppose cut off shorts and tank tops are in your vision of what golf needs. No sir, it is a game of tradition and honor. That is what makes the game what it is.