Big THANKS to Greg for a beautiful pair of Khorns

Kudret

I had the pleasure of meeting Greg in person this past weekend.

I've been looking for a pair of Khorns for over a year and I owe big thanks to Greg for not only finding a beautiful pair for me in near perfect condition but also bringing them to Montreal. A very kind gesture from a great Klipschforum member

They are 1975 KBWL 7N601, 7N603. So far I listened to them with DRD 2A3 and JFL SETH 2A3, and they sing beautifully with both. More later..

216.jpg

Kudret

post-9767-13819264338024_thumb.jpg

hmpf, that's weird. the first time I saw kudrets post there was no pic, just the html for it. I reposted it, editing the code slightly, now I see it in both places.

That some pretty gorgeous wood there. Walnut lacquer.....

EDIT: later: And now there's completely different pic up in his first post..... too fast for me.

Gorgious!

So two pairs crossed the border this weeked, keeping the Canadian total constant. :-)

I'm referring to the Rosewood khorns that Jeff sold to Chris. (Sorry to have missed you guys yesterday!)

Just how easy is it to drive across the border into Canada with khorns? I might have to do that myself someday to get myself a pair!

Thank you all. They have actually slightly lighter color but they are really gorgeous.

Tom, I was trying to figure out how to post the picture in the message when you submitted your reply. I changed the picture in mine.

psg, If yo own a truck or van, it might not be too difficult. You just need to pay taxes on the declared value. Otherwise, you may not be able to cross the border with a rented truck.

Kudret

So Chris Robinson made the trek to Quebec City this weekend? I thought it was on hold until some issues got worked out.

I wish I would have known he was bringing you some Walnut ones I would have offered to trade my Oak Oil ones so I could have all Walnut Khorn's.

On 4/25/2005 1:55:58 PM Frzninvt wrote:

So Chris Robinson made the trek to Quebec City this weekend? I thought it was on hold until some issues got worked out.

Yup. Lousy weather but he made it. He was just leaving when I phoned up Jeff on Sunday morning.

psg, If yo own a truck or van, it might not be too difficult. You just need to pay taxes on the declared value. Otherwise, you may not be able to cross the border with a rented truck.

I think they would fit in my mini-van, but thought of renting a closed trailer should the need arise. I guess crossing the border might be easier without a rented trailer.

So just GST or is that GST+PST? It's good to know!

(Declared value? Sir, these speakers are 25 years old! How much do you think they are worth? 9.gif

(Declared value? Sir, these speakers are 25 years old! How much do you think they are worth?

Exactly 2.gif.

I believe it is only one of the taxes. I will check the receipt and let you know.

It's the rental car companies that won't you cross the border with thier vehicles.

Kudret

----------------

On 4/25/2005 2:09:47 PM Kudret wrote:

(Declared value? Sir, these speakers are 25 years old! How much do you think they are worth?

Exactly
2.gif

I believe it is only one of the taxes. I will check the receipt and let you know.

It's the rental car companies that won't you cross the border with thier vehicles.

Kudret

----------------

Thanks for the info!

BTW, I wasn't aware that you were in Montreal! The Forum needs a maps with the location of members! Hmmm. Maybe I should just create one and host it somewhere!

----------------

On 4/25/2005 2:03:07 PM psg wrote:

----------------

If ever you cross the border with a pair of Klipsch, do it near Sherbrooke and aim for the young officer with green, yellow and red hair. Chris told him the old CW II might be a worth "this amount of USD" value and the officer told him "Well, I wouldn't pay more than 50 USD for these old things, have a nice trip in Canada". Either he was too lazy to fill the papers or he simply couldn't imagine someone could pay more than 50 USD for these.

Sorry to have forgotten you but me and Chris switched quite fast from exchanging the usual civilities to popping the cork on a couple of bottle of Maudite and then some bottles of wine (including a superb Brunello courteousy of Chris). One thing leading to another, I kind of forgot to call you to fix a rendez vous.

I'm glad the amount of khorns in Quebec did remain constant. For my part I'm really happy with the superb pair of 1968 Oiled Walnut CW II Chris did bring with him. It does integrate much better in my room.

Kudret:

Congratulations on these khorns. They are just superb. Hopefully Greg will turn into a professional khorns "exporter".

If ever you cross the border with a pair of Klipsch, do it near Sherbrooke and aim for the young officer with green, yellow and red hair. Chris told him the old CW II might be a worth "this amount of USD" value and the officer told him "Well, I wouldn't pay more than 50 USD for these old things, have a nice trip in Canada". Either he was too lazy to fill the papers or he simply couldn't imagine someone could pay more than 50 USD for these.

Good story!

Sorry to have forgotten you but me and Chris switched quite fast from exchanging the usual civilities to popping the cork on a couple of bottle of Maudite and then some bottle of wine. One thing leading to another, I kind of forgot to call you to fix a rendez vous.

No problem... Now I know where I can go to listen to Cornwall (which I've never heard!)

2.gif

Hopefully Greg will turn into a professional khorns "exporter".

Right. Importer for us! 1.gif

Kudret... Those look REALLY nice in the pictures... colour is great. I'm sure a little polishing will get those little marks out.

I realise you must be busy listening away on your free time... but what did you think compared to your Cornwalls?? The added efficiency must really make those 2A3's shine.

Like I mentioned to you last week, after having read all the posts here about "clean and lean" bass I was personally very impressed by the improvement over Cornwalls. Not lean at all...

Rob

PS: Maudite is a great local beer (it's not a bud light! 11.gif4.gif) ... hope Chris didn't drive home right away