Big THANKS to Greg for a beautiful pair of Khorns

Kudret

That was a fun crossing story. Thank God I drew the kid and not the old geezer who probably had a pair of Klipsch at home.

Chas, I thought about stopping to see you, but I'm traveling today (Detroit) and the next three weeks so I really needed to make a bee-line home to the wife and boy. She indulged me on this one despite being allergy-ridden and stressed chasing a five year old around.

Peter, I still have a pair of Klipschorns in the basement if you want to come down and get them. Ole Kelly is presently consulting with a soothsayer for divine direction. I hope he'll decide this week whether to take them. I kid about the time he takes to make decisions, but he takes care of his stuff once he has it and holds on to it forever. Hell, he had a Seiko watch that was so loved and adored after 30 years or something, we managers at Seiko Epson all chipped in to buy him a new one at Christmas. These Klipschorns kind of fall into that category.

Anyhow, the crossings weren't bad at all. Pretty drive in VT although the weather was awful for the whole weekend really. Can't predict that, but you can always be sure you'll have a nice time at the Lessards.

----------------

On 4/25/2005 8:38:34 PM Chris Robinson wrote:

Peter, I still have a pair of Klipschorns in the basement if you want to come down and get them. Ole Kelly is presently consulting with a soothsayer for divine direction. I hope he'll decide this week whether to take them. I kid about the time he takes to make decisions, but he takes care of his stuff once he has it and holds on to it forever. Hell, he had a Seiko watch that was so loved and adored after 30 years or something, we managers at Seiko Epson all chipped in to buy him a new one at Christmas. These Klipschorns kind of fall into that category.

1.gif

Well, I assumed Rob had next dibs on 'em but I'm certainly very interested

if he doesn't take them! Thanks for thinking of me Chris!

----------------

On 4/25/2005 8:38:34 PM Chris Robinson wrote:

Ole Kelly is presently consulting with a soothsayer for divine direction. I hope he'll decide this week whether to take them. I kid about the time he takes to make decisions, but he takes care of his stuff once he has it and holds on to it forever.----------------

I threw the I Ching over Kelly's predicament.

It said:

"Indecision regarding the choice among pleasures temporarily robs a man of inner peace. After due reflection, he attains joy by turning away from the lower pleasures and seeking the higher ones."

I interpet this to mean that Kelly will not be restful until he has Klipschorns.

Congratulations Kudret!!

Those look to be in lovely condition. I had one Hello of a time getting my Khorns and yours are in a damned sight better shape than mine were (and are) even after a lot of TLC,( My ill-luck became something of a legend around here before I finally nailed a pair to call my own! )

I would TELL you to enjoy them but my experience tells me that after you listen to them I would be preaching to the choir.

Thanks, Lynnm. I've been waiting for a long time and finally I got lucky.

I was actually going to contact you a while ago about a pair of BRL Khorns in Calgary. They showed up on buysell.com, but they were probably a 6/10. I am glad I passed 1.gif. Did you see those?

Kudret

----------------

On 4/25/2005 8:07:08 PM Kudret wrote:

Rob, Belle Guelle is not too bad either. We'll have a few when you come over to hear the ladies sing.
1.gif

----------------

I look forward to it... as well as sampling your new puppies with your collection of amps. No offence to the US, but we've got some really great beer here 2.gif

----------------

On 4/25/2005 8:51:50 PM psg wrote:

Well, I assumed Rob had next dibs on 'em but I'm certainly very interested

if he doesn't take them!

----------------

Thanks Peter... you are a true gentlemen. 1.gif You'll have to come down and see us in Montreal at some point...

Rob

Thanks Paul and Dodger- they have a loving and caring home and they will be fed only tubes. 16.gif

Rob, actually my sig is not up to date and does not show all the amps I have (may be that's a good thing though, as it would be a long page - lol).

Kudret

On 4/27/2005 12:06:21 PM Kudret wrote:

Thanks, Craig, Steve and Frzninvt.

I really like the horn loaded bass. Imaging needs some work though. More later..

Hmmm. Jeff said the same thing about the khorns he sold to Chris, at least in his inadequate room. That's it! Sell 'em to me! 2.gif

On 4/27/2005 12:32:32 PM formica wrote:

On 4/25/2005 8:51:50 PM psg wrote:

Well, I assumed Rob had next dibs on 'em but I'm certainly very interested if he doesn't take them!

Thanks Peter... you are a true gentlemen.
1.gif
You'll have to come down and see us in Montreal at some point...

Thanks Rob. I'm not here to stab anyone in the back! I'm making friends here, even though I'm never met any of you in real life. So yeah, I'll have to drop in at some point!

Hmmm. Jeff said the same thing about the khorns he sold to Chris, at least in his inadequate room. That's it! Sell 'em to me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khorn imaging (mostly image depth) wasn't great and probably isn't even in the best of room, unless you have a properly set-up center channel.

My main disapointment with the khorns was the "huge mouth" syndrom (i.e. vocals sounds like they come from a mouth that is 4 feet wide).

This bigger than life presentation is impressive for live recordings, perfect for classical music but not appropriate for jazz recordings. I like to listen to Sonny Rollins when he's 6' tall not 18'!

I'm so much happier with the vertical Cornwall now. I'm still missing my old setup in my previous condo but at the very least I'm now happy to sit down and listen to music. Cornwalls are much more room forgiving.