KHorns come home, finally

Well, I finally got them home to my new house. I have hijacked the bonus room until my attic is done.

They are 1985 Oiled Oak in sweet shape and i could not be happier with this deal. They have taken my modest system to a new level.

I was blown away at the amount of gear this guy had that was not used. Probably five or six amps, 3 preamps, and a dozen or so speakers. He had another pair of WO KHorns, a couple pair of heresys, a pair of Macs, quads, Acoustats, B&W, you name it. Carver, McIntosh, Levinson, Krell, etc.

----------------

On 4/30/2005 11:44:18 PM jt1stcav wrote:

TH&B, don't know how to tell you this, but your beautiful Khorn had an unfortunant accident (see carpet stain). And since when does Khorns wear Dared monoblocks on their heads?
3.gif

----------------

lol,

that was a stain that my wonderful sellers did a nice job of hiding. I took the dareds over for a test from my office system and need to get them off of the floor due to kids.

Like I said, I hijacked their playroom. And, yes, I have threatened each of their lives if they touch the KHorns.

I am putting another layer of sub floor on with 'green glue'. I am also filling between all the studs with high density urethane foam before drywalling with dense drywall before this option. I have a couple of accounts that manufacture foam and i am getting their scraps and applying behing my walls with a sprayable hot melt adhesive (which I sell). This is my budget route. It was going to add 30% to my cost of finishing the room.

I am going to see how the treatment works before a put up any molding and may add bead board paneling with more 'green glue' if the results aren't very good.

Thanks for the compliment on the speakers, I am blown away by these things right now.

----------------

On 5/1/2005 12:33:55 PM Tubes, Horns, and Buds wrote:

Thanks for the compliment on the speakers, I am blown away by these things right now.

----------------

As well you should be. The veneer looks beautiful. Congrats.