The death of Bose... wave radio

el jopez

For years Bose has dominated the market with a very expensive alarm clock ripping off countless individuals, but not no more.

Introducing, courtesy of a real stereo company, the new I-Sonic:

http://www.polkaudio.com/home/partners/press/release.php?id=50

Features:

HD Radio

Dvd Playback

XM Radio

And other multimedia functionality expected in todays market which of course, Bose can never match.

Thank god, a new day has dawned.

el jopez

"now to convert bose lovers with a real alarm clock"

true, any "all in one" or compact device will always be expensive, take for example a quality laptop.

When compared to boses' similar product, the price is actualy reasonable. For a 150 more of said product,

you get a cd player thrown into the box.

Not that id ever purchase anything from them, point merely that there is competition out there, which is good for

the consumer and market.

el jopez

Can anyone tell me why anyone cares what Bose or Polk (just another company who places more credence in their marketing then their engineering department) do?

I simply ignore both product lines, except to stop in at the Bose Store at the mall to ask a few questions that cause trouble if I am in a malicious mood. Hey, it does have entertainment value!

Besides, I wonder about anyone buying ANY table radio for >$100 anyway!

And in the spirit of worrying about Bose, pardon me as I need to run so I can peek in my neighbors windows and worry about what they are doing!2.gif9.gif11.gif14.gif

........I wonder if the sound would be better with an exotic $250 AC cord?2.gif

----------------

On 5/1/2005 10:08:33 PM IAmtnbikr wrote:

Hmm...Klipsch is really missing out here I think...how about the..

"Klipsch No Bull---- Radio"????
9.gif
----------------

Well if they did, it wouldn't cost >$100.

But the even bigger problem, there would be no program material!

-----------------------------------

why not make the whole nightstand be the radio?

-----------------------------------

I think it's called a LaScala, sans SET receiver....

i agree with the guys, i have had polk products, they are good, but not great, and i have had b*** as well, sorry about that, but once i began searching for a good clock radio i went to the tivoli and receptor, could not audition either in the same store but after about 6 different auditions i did finaly decide on the boston acoustic receptor, it is a great little piece of machinery, it has the same bass response as the tivoli excelt you dont need the addded sub that goe with the tivoli to have really great bass, as far as the other mentioned bose and polk, the receptor cast 159.00, and i know from experience polk does not sond good in small speakers, they are ver bass limited

Well, if you want the Bose Wave Radio sort of thing, Cambridge Sound Works has a similar product that is about $150.00 less.

We can argue whether these sorts of things are any good, but why pay more than you need to?

El , Dude , Polk & Bose are both the same crap, may be you work for them too.. 2.gif Haha, I don't know what you were thinking coming here, but dude you should have thought about the price out that little piece of garbage first. You are instead now being branded Bose little brother. I am sure you guys at polk look up to them. Ummmm all that money from stupid people .... yammm ... But forget it .. not here at klipsch, don't even dare.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

o god, i dont work for either one of them.

I personally found it neat that another company decided to build yet another all in one unit.

Expensive? Yes. Will people buy it? Yes. Its another product that will be bought for its

space saving and multifunctional use.

I knew that id get a rise out of this group, where taking short cuts and cutting corners

is looked down upon for a quick dollar. (bose n polk)

and for the record, Klipsch forever 2.gif

el jopez

"in spanish 'el' means 'the"