I did not do it !!!

----------------

On 5/5/2005 7:57:51 PM NOSValves wrote:

Did Marantz make tube gear? I thought they only made SS amps and receivers with those cool blue lights.

----------------

Hi Craig-

I think you may be confusing them with McIntosh and their blue meters

Or the blue glow from a tube.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/5/2005 8:49:27 PM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 5/5/2005 8:33:39 PM thebes wrote:

"I ain't scared of nothin"

RIP and epitath of Craig Otsby.
----------------

9.gif
Running distortion tests on some tan looking box with these glass things sticking up out of it right now. Some fool stuck a emblem on the box that says Marantz but he ain't foolin me
11.gif
It will take the twins to pry this thing out of my hands and they better be naked
6.gif

Craig

----------------

Ah it must be spring to run in the fields and to dream.

----------------

On 5/6/2005 1:05:43 PM dodger wrote:

----------------

On 5/5/2005 7:57:51 PM NOSValves wrote:

Did Marantz make tube gear? I thought they only made SS amps and receivers with those cool blue lights.

----------------

Hi Craig-

I think you may be confusing them with McIntosh and their blue meters

Or the blue glow from a tube.

----------------

Nah 70's marantz did the blue glow thing also.

----------------

On 5/6/2005 11:18:04 AM KathyMason wrote:

Wow, this thread tells me you guys are really getting bored!

Oh my!!!!!

----------------

They're only getting frisky.

And it's going to be Friday Night tonight.

Boredom is when they discuss the technical merits of GranFather Clock from Captain Kangaroo.

God I love this place!, After spending this past week knee deep in KPMG auditors telling me that for the past 23 years I have been doing my job all wrong and that two senators called Sabrane and Oxley know how I should be handling IT communications and Network Security and I now have to write a policy to handle every aspect of my job and procedures for everything including wiping my butt and how to handle and dispose of the material used to do the aformentioned process. At this point Tawney and Tickles can come over to my house and do just about anything they would like as long as the bring the beer or wine and a couple good records (vinyl not paper)

Tonight I am going home early (6pm) only stopping long enough to purchase a quantity of Killians, and will watch the Star Wars series! and if the neighbors behind me start their weekly Salsa party I will turn my Cornwalls towards their house pull my Joe Satriani "Surfing with the Alien" CD and turn up the volume until the windows blow out!

John

Maron, sounds like you are running a real sweet setup. Although I've gotten into tubes of late I got no problems at all with SS and actually prefer it in some situations or with some music.

When the 8b makes it's way home it will be paired with new (to me) Cornies, my first ownership of Heritage. Thanks to a tip from Guy it will be run with a totally serviced 7T pre and/or a Conrad Johnson PV3. Should make for a great shootout and, of course, a future opus tentatiuvely titled "Night of the Living Pres".

Can't have those monoblocks sitting around gathering dust. Let's see $50 for the 8b, but that's two amps in one. So five monos at $25/per that's about $125. Check, paypal or cash?

Gotta go, I've distracted The Twins by promising them a night out on the town. It's Friday so time for my weekly bath (once a week weather I need it or not) and a dash of odie colonie.

Craig, you pulled the original coupling caps? I specifically told you to leave them in there. Pull those commie caps out and put in the 'Merican ones.

Have you done it yet. Good.

Oh I chnged my mind swap them back out again, but I don't expect to be charged for this as extra labor.3.gif