I did not do it !!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Maron, I was 12 when that amp was made. There were only 3 channels on tv and you had to walk over to the set to change them. Dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Amazing they sounded so good when all they had to listen to in those days was Elvis and Mitch Miller!2.gif

It's for sure that Craig has learned much from his President: deny, deny, deny!

Scared of the little bitty Twins, are you a man or a mouse.

----------------

On 5/5/2005 8:33:39 PM thebes wrote:

"I ain't scared of nothin"

RIP and epitath of Craig Otsby.
----------------

9.gif Running distortion tests on some tan looking box with these glass things sticking up out of it right now. Some fool stuck a emblem on the box that says Marantz but he ain't foolin me11.gif It will take the twins to pry this thing out of my hands and they better be naked6.gif

Craig

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 5/5/2005 1:13:40 PM garymd wrote:

Steve,

You ready for Tuesday?
6.gif
Hope you didn't forget.
15.gif

----------------

Yeah, and looking forward to it9.gif

----------------

On 5/5/2005 9:47:20 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 5/5/2005 1:13:40 PM garymd wrote:

Steve,

You ready for Tuesday?
6.gif
Hope you didn't forget.
15.gif

----------------

Yeah, and looking forward to it
9.gif

----------------

9.gif9.gif9.gif

I'll give you a buzz tomorrow.

Sit on it

Does any one hear that, its sound like??

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days,

God I cant be the only person hearing that, where is it coming from?

Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days,

I mean its so loud.

Thursday, Friday, Happy Days,

God its driving me crazy!

The weekend comes, my cycle hums, Ready to race to you.

Please make it stop.

These days are ours...., happy and free. (Oh happy days)

These days are ours...., share them with me. (Those days)

I see a light, Fonzy is that you?

THEBES.....Dinasors died out before I was born. My first BEST tube preamp was a GROMMS. I still have acess to it. But the best sounding tube system will be the Marantz 7 & the 8b amp. For a brief while I had the mod 8 amp. (the first version) Its transformers were not of the high quality of the B amp version. The musicality of the Marantz mod 5 monoblocks make them a good collectors item. BUT that was then and I can say that now the new solid state Marantz SC-7S1 preamp & the MA-9S1 mono power amp are the finest units ever produced by Marantz. They are not cheap. Over $6000 eatch. The sound can stand up to any tube equipment today & blow them away. And they will hold their specks a decade after the tube units sputter away. I own Krell units. But the new Marantz sound better. I got tired of peaking the grids & dipping the plates on tubes & bottle swapping many years ago. I have eight mono block Marantz MA-5 amps (class A 30watt) they spec out the same as when I bought new 20 yrs ago. Some times Ill put in a tube amp in my system . But none hold there specs very long. The constant up keep on tube amps is not my way of enjoying music. At my age all i want to do is sit back & listen to the dynamic creshendows of a Mahler Symphony.

Hmmmm Marty's 8B when I got it had some hack put in some weird main coupling caps and left the originals attached to the grid of the output tubes but disconnected from the driver tubes. I disconnected the new caps reattached the old, disconnected the original power supply caps they all tested every bit as good as anything brand new today. I then powered it up the amp and it tested better then the original specification in every way! I then replaced all coupling caps on Thebes request with my favorite Russian Mil Spec film and foils (mean greenies as one of my Jolida customers calls them) just to be a the safe side because Marty has no intention of ever selling. Now the amp tests just slightly better then it did in its original 40+ year old condition. I think your dreaming that the modern SS stuff will still be working without issue and up to spec after 40 years. Then factor in the 12 grand they cost LOL!!

Craig

OK, Now the "Happy Days" theme song is in my head make it stop!!!

heayyyyyy (Leather jacket on, white t shirt, jeans, white socks with Penny loafers, leaning backwards... Arm stretched out thumb out like hitchiking too.)

Just please do not make me watch Joanie Loves Chachie please!!