A happy dog story

scott0527

The story of Romulus and Ramus comes to mind. It is good to see a happy dog story.

I have a sad dog story though. Yesterday I lost my buddy Ike.

He was 14 years young and has been ailing for a few months although he made a short recovery at the begining of the year. He went peacefully at home. My wife and I had been providing Hospice service for the past 10 days, washing him and changing his bed next to this computer several times a day. Helping him eat and drink. Over the weekend he weakened further and even refused water.

Yesterday mornung he became restless. I asked him if he wanted to go out and he wagged his tail. I took him to lay on the lawn for a while as he gazed over the back yard. I asked if he wanted to go for a walk and again he wagged his tail. I picked him up and carried him around the yard, stopping so he could look at his truck, front door and favorite fire hydrant.

When we went back insude he was happy and peaceful. He died within the half hour.

I am, to say the least, broken hearted.

Rick

Rick,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I absolutely dread the day when our dogs pass. We just had one of ours in to remove a tumor. We haven't received the lab results to know if they got it all, but she is doing well. I was really nervous when we found out about the tumor. It sounds like your dog received a lot of love and care.

Mark

Thank you all.

And thank you Amy for finding that picture. I looked for hours. Ike is on the right with the white head. When they found me in the woods one Veterans day, Ike was clearly the leader. I named him after Dwight Eisenhower. That is his brother Mike on the left.

Mark, Good luck.

Rick

Rick,

Sorry to hear your buddy has passed on. I too dread the day when our girl passes. She is a 10-year-old Malinois with the pep of a two-year old but she is getting older. We got her from the pound and she was very emaciated when we got her, she was about 6 - 8 months old then. We nursed her back to health and she has repaid us 10 fold since then. She has survived cancer and goes virtually everywhere with us. Dogs have always held an endearing place in my life. The care you gave Ike will be rewarded in the end. Again sorry to hear of your loss.

R/Jim

Now back on topic that was one very special pooch who cared for that child. Amazing!!!!