FS: Cornwalls

Royster

Hi folks,

I bought thses from the 1st owner about 1 year ago. Brought them home hooked them up, listened for a couple days, sounded great. I had bought these with the intent of putting a heritage 6.1 system together. I have since decided to stay with a simple ht in a box solution. My room is stuffed already.

I want to offer them to fellow forum members prior to lising the for sale on ebay or audiogon. I paid $700 for them and picked them up in Munster, In. They are CBR, with origional drivers and networks. I say this only because the origional owner bought them new, and the backs have never been removed. I am open to offers from fellow members but want to offer them here first for $550.00 I know, the smart thing to buy high and sell low (sounds like my stock picks) but I really will never use these.

what say ye? I have more photos I can mail if interested.

roy

post-14945-1381926480901_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/12/2005 2:11:11 PM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

I would like to take them off your hands but I would need to pick them up in person to avoid the monkeys in FEDEX. The drive is just a little bit much for me. They sure look nice!

----------------

lol, I know what you mean. They are a nice pair, I would have prefered them to be walnut to math the khorns, but oh well. The only mention really is some of the velcro pads need to be re glued (holds the covers).

How do you like the longhorn?

Roy

----------------

On 5/12/2005 2:24:51 PM D-Rex wrote:

It's that possibly an Native American shield of some kind hanging on your wall? I bought something similar hanging on my wall I bought at an indian Pow Wow about 14 years ago... just curious...

D

----------------

Yes, I is a dream catcher. My brother nogood inlaw lives in Tuscon, a sent it to me. So hung it up. Looks OK in room.

My sport room ( hunting mounts and such doubles as my 2 channel room for the time being)

The Longhorn, To be perfectly honest, it is in my spare equipment pile. It was a good deal when you offered it for sale and I couldn't pass it up. The Grace cart I have still sounds great.

I suppose I should get a protractor and scale and set up the longhorn to see how it sounds, it might be better than what I have now but there are only so many hours in the day and that is not high on my "to do" list.

Some day3.gif

----------------

On 5/12/2005 2:33:16 PM lwhaples wrote:

Royster, It's too bad that you need,or want to sell them. But is nice to see them here first. They should make somebody happy. Can't beat the price! Good Luck! Larry

----------------

Thanks, thats how the board is supposed to work. I don't have to sell them, nor really want to. But they are just sitting here, thats no way for these types of speakers to used. maybe another forum member would use them.

Roy

----------------

On 5/12/2005 3:37:17 PM capo72 wrote:

They look nice in the pic. Just curious if anyone can tell me when they stopped using miter joints on the cabinet, and went with the butt joint as seen in the above pic?

Jeremy

----------------

I think they are all made this way, only when they are veneered, do they miter the veneer to make it look like mitered corners. I could be wrong but that is my guess

any of the Birch, Raw speakers of the Heritage line are butt jointed with no edge tape.

EDIT POST- I stand corrected, Birch Raw are TYPICALLY butt jointed, some of the latter ones appear to have joint tape over the exposed plywood edges. END EDIT

Michael