Water Pick? my next human audio upgrade

robster

I did get u'r done a few years back by my doc and all he did was use a water pick and charge me $75 bones. Actually I've been upgraded from newbie to crazy poster and this is my CRAZY POST!! ,cause I'm just a wild and crazy kinda guy.

Mohala,

Robert

Also I just got a VPI HW-19 MK-3 with Rega 300 incognito wired turntable 2 days ago and I be still jamin non-stop.E-Bay(ed) my 1984 The Ar Turntable,fine table,but the VPI stomps the AR.

Any doctor will yrll you a Q-tip is a bad idea. It's not a huge problem for most people, except the danger of injury. But if you're a heavy wax producers (I'm off the scale), you're merely packing the wax against the eardrum. I use a bulb and warm water and clean things out 2-3 times per year. I won't gross everybody out with what comes out, but I will say my hearing is dramatically more articulate & crisp afterwards. It's a mess, but a blessing. Something like genetic hearing protection, as my hearing tests exceptionally well for my age.

I had to go do the ear doc a few years back. He took what looked like a turkey baster, filled it with warm water, then blasted it into my ear. Not very comfortable, but the large piece of quartz that was lodged between my eardrum and my ear canal came out! I have no idea how it got there. Gnomes?

Congrats on the crazy post, and good luck on the ear upgrade.

----------------

On 6/3/2005 11:17:09 AM fini wrote:

I guess you could make a candle...

----------------

Ear Candle

An ancient healing art of removing ear wax buildup and foreign matter that has accumulated in the ear canals. It is a gentle, relaxing process, which balances energy, as it removes blockages.

Cost: $30 per session

earcandle.jpg

post-17394-13819266293694_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/3/2005 11:58:23 AM Falcon wrote:

sputnik,

I was actually going to suggest the "candeling" because I know my mom does it, but I wasn't sure what it was called, so I did a quick google.

This article suggests it's not good for you.

Then again, they say qtips aren't good for you either, but I use em every day.

Just FYI.

----------------

I'd never heard of ear coning. I was googling for candles that were actually made out of ear wax 2.gif and found that site. It looked pretty strange but apparently not uncommon. I doubt that it could actually work that well but then again, I am completely unfamiliar with the volatile and combustible properties of ear wax. If it did work, it would be a non-intrusive and non-mechanical alternative method of auricular hygiene with a lower risk of infection. I kind like the idea of flames shooting out of my ears 2.gif .

That earwax candle idea is a good one to remember, you know, as a survival technique. I guess with a wick in each ear, you could have enough light to read a book, or maybe heat up a can of beans.

Oh, man! I CAN'T believe youse guys...

When I was in the Navy, a corpsman said the BEST way to keep ears free of wax buildup is to run some water into the ear canal when one's IN THE SHOWER! Then tilt your head and shake it out as needed. IT'S FREE! Or if you'll feel better, send me $30.00 for this insightful and life-changing information! Also sticking ANYTHING in your ear (candles, Q-tips, 2x4's, dump trucks, etc.) is a BAD THING. ($5.00 for this one).

For those of you opposed to taking a shower, a good substitute is to GO SWIMMING. This one is only $10.00!

DM6.gif