The best way to clean your LP records!

I would like to share with you a method for cleaning your LP records that was originally mentioned here by Analogman (who was banned from this forum several months ago) and recently brought to light again by Paul Parrot. Paul thinks that Analogman is THE great expert when it comes to all things LP and was touting this method in another thread, but I think it deserves it's own thread so that everyone can learn about it!

Here you go:

Paul%20Parrot%20Method.JPG

Since water pressure is key to this method, I have made a siginificant improvement recently that I'd like to share!

Analogman%20Method.JPG

GOOD LUCK!!

For those really tough stains and hard to reach places, I prefer SOS pads before running my LPs through the dishwasher. You can really save time by using the racks intended for plates. If you double stack, 50 LPs at a time is not impossible. New Cascade Complete really makes them shine!

LOL.

Now why didn't I think of the garden hose method.

Brilliant.1.gif

I love it.

Heck...Now you've got me thinking of taking it to the next level.

I mean, isn't it obvious?

?

?

"Self Serve" car wash.9.gif

Now were talking about getting some serious, deep cleaning action.

Ha

They even have those nifty mat holders to clamp your records down.

Just watch your fingers with that high pressure.....or you'll feel the real skin effect.6.gif

Allan, have you patented this process yet??? If not, some of the east coasters (hi garymd) might grab it and utilize your brainstorm without even paying you the royalties. Just think of the amount of lost revenue . . . . now, if we could just find you a good lawyer!

Hey, will this also work on Bluenote records?? or do I need different water?

----------------

On 6/8/2005 8:35:15 PM Allan Songer wrote:

I would like to share with you a method for cleaning your LP records that was originally mentioned here by Analogman (who was banned from this forum several months ago) and recently brought to light again by Paul Parrot. Paul thinks that Analogman is THE great expert when it comes to all things LP and was touting this method in another thread, but I think it deserves it's own thread so that everyone can learn about it!

Here you go:

Paul%20Parrot%20Method.JPG

Since water pressure is key to this method, I have made a siginificant improvement recently that I'd like to share!

Analogman%20Method.JPG

GOOD LUCK!!

----------------

If anyone cares, this is what the guy really said,

"And now the part that'll make the "experts" have a coronary-RINSE THEM with cold water in the kitchen sink, a HEARTY, MANLY, NO NONSENSE kind of a rinse, use a good strong stream of water, take the playing surface up as close as you can get it on an angle and let Mother Nature's finest solvent HYDRO-BLAST away all that particulate matter. With a bit of practice you can do this and not get a drop on the label, I personally rinse everything, label included, EXCEPT old Mercurys, They will bleed and you can de-value a nice disc quickly if you're careless. That is what the napkins are for, if you do get moisture on the label, use them to blot it up, they work much better than paper towels."

It's not good to constantly misquote people to serve your own need to feel important, too much of that already going around.

JJ, i assume your comments are well-intended, but as one who has monitored the prior postings being referred to herein, and being accutely aware of the historical contributions made by one of the members, and the nature of the diatribe previously hurled by a former member, i think you are premature in your judgment. Further, i am convinced that the assumption you made as to the perceived need or purpose (ie, to feel important) is way, way off base. JMHO,YMMV

----------------

On 6/8/2005 11:08:33 PM Jimmy James wrote:

If anyone cares, this is what the guy really said,

"And now the part that'll make the "experts" have a coronary-RINSE THEM with cold water in the kitchen sink, a HEARTY, MANLY, NO NONSENSE kind of a rinse, use a good strong stream of water, take the playing surface up as close as you can get it on an angle and let Mother Nature's finest solvent HYDRO-BLAST away all that particulate matter. With a bit of practice you can do this and not get a drop on the label, I personally rinse everything, label included, EXCEPT old Mercurys, They will bleed and you can de-value a nice disc quickly if you're careless. That is what the napkins are for, if you do get moisture on the label, use them to blot it up, they work much better than paper towels."

It's not good to constantly misquote people to serve your own need to feel important, too much of that already going around.

----------------

What you're witnessing is how petty jealousies can cause someone to deliberately distort what was truly in the message. This is a debate tactic known in professional circles as the "When the facts don't support your argument, make something up" position. Thanks for showing the accurate quote again.

The essence of Mr. Analogman's cleaning procedure is that he finds no advantage in buying expensive wipes and brushes (snake oil), not to mention "magic" fluids, if all you're going to do with them is smear the peanut butter and nasal detritus around on the playing surface; first it is important on a truly filthy record (which may have been handled by a heroin addict, for all anyone knows) to use plain water to dissolve or at least dislodge the foreign material, and then use the VPI machine.

A reasonable person wouldn't find that too controversial, would he?2.gif