OT: eBay auction Jar of Celebrity Air now at $1075

Parrot

Jar of Celebrity Air Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1469&item=5588866207&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I am not affiliated with seller in any way. Well, maybe I get a 5% commission if a Klipsch Forum member wins the auction, but that's all.

I am dumfounded at how star struck some poor people really are. I find it really sad that people would actually bid on that.

I wonder if they even realize that are molecules can still escape through the glass (if I recall from my science class anyway). So, by the time they even get the said jar of air, all of the celebrity air in the jar could be gone and replaced by air from something else.

Good grief!

----------------

On 6/10/2005 6:27:17 PM mandi wrote:

Now if they had farted in the jar that would be a different story!!

----------------

You never know, we are talking about Angelina Jolie... married to Billy Bob Thorton for a few years...

I like the fact that " the jar was sterilized ". Big deal, I guess his hand was sterilized too when he was installing the rubber sealed lid, he was touching the underside. Myabe you are bidding on his air molecules too.

I wonder how much this " air in a jar " and two t-shirts are going to sell for. Things that just make you go hmmmm.....

----------------

On 6/10/2005 3:10:58 PM m00n wrote:

I am dumfounded at how star struck some poor people really are. I find it really sad that people would actually bid on that.

I wonder if they even realize that are molecules can still escape through the glass (if I recall from my science class anyway). So, by the time they even get the said jar of air, all of the celebrity air in the jar could be gone and replaced by air from something else.

Good grief!

----------------

What about Eddie Van Halen

Some high bidders are retracting their bids. ParisHilton 101 withdrew her $99 Million bid, for example.

Now it's at a more realistic $25 Million.

EDIT: Dang! Now eBay has done gone and pulled the auction.