CANE grill cloth needed for two Heresy's

BS Button

----------------

On 6/15/2005 7:59:52 PM BS Button wrote:

Anybody that has any or know where to find, please post.

----------------

I'm sure that Russ (Budman) can help you with this request.

If I'm not mistaken, he was made some grills for Cornwalls in Cane material.

JJ

Sorry, Russ. I tried to change your forum name and butcher your eBAy name in one swoop.

On another note, I finally bought some grill cloth from Ralph. Got 7 yards of it to do all four side grills on the K-horns. Should be just enough to do the job....I intend to screw up a lot. 2.gif

Thanks again for sending the sample piece.

JJ

----------------

On 6/15/2005 8:55:23 PM DoubleJ wrote:

Sorry, Russ. I tried to change your forum name and butcher your eBAy name in one swoop.

On another note, I finally bought some grill cloth from Ralph. Got 7 yards of it to do all four side grills on the K-horns. Should be just enough to do the job....I intend to screw up a lot.
2.gif

Thanks again for sending the sample piece.

JJ

----------------

Hey JJ, one thing i found out about the #17 from Ralph is that it is very difficult to tell the front from the back, both sides look good

edit - 7 yds !!! i think you will have 4 yds left over

Russ,

This has probably been asked before, but is MD4134 identical to the old Klipsch cane grill cloth or is it just very similar? Were there multiple suppliers of this stuff over the years? Any variations in the appearance of the cane material on the original factory grills? Thanks for your help.

Best in horns,

triceratops

----------------

On 6/15/2005 7:59:52 PM BS Button wrote:

Anybody that has any or know where to find, please post.

----------------

Sorry to hijack but if new, never used Cane grills from HIIs would help you out I have them. Protective plastic is still on Klipsch badges, neve even installed on a speaker. I have one pair.

----------------

On 6/16/2005 1:18:32 AM triceratops wrote:

Russ,

This has probably been asked before, but is MD4134 identical to the old Klipsch cane grill cloth or is it just very similar? Were there multiple suppliers of this stuff over the years? Any variations in the appearance of the cane material on the original factory grills? Thanks for your help.

Best in horns,

triceratops

----------------

it is similar but it looks to have plastic in it.

----------------

On 6/16/2005 8:28:09 AM rplace wrote:

----------------

Sorry to hijack but if new, never used Cane grills from HIIs would help you out I have them. Protective plastic is still on Klipsch badges, neve even installed on a speaker. I have one pair.

----------------
Rplace,

I'd be very interested. I'm trying to PM/Email but something on the site isn't working. Let me know what you want for them. Thanks

**edit** PM/email seemed to have worked on second try.

I really have no idea what a fair price is for them. I saw this sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5761943177

at over 140 but that seems a bit high to me for grills. I guess if you need them you need them right. Anyway, I am not looking to get rich hereanything I sell in the audio department tells the wife I am trying to work on my Habit. How about 100 bucks + shipping is that fair? If not others chime in here and tell me what a fair price is for both parties.

If you have any vinyl LPs in great shape I am open to a trade offer.

Here is a pic. I have more if you need them but to be honest they are brand spankin new.

RPHGrills.jpg

email to rplace@*noSpam*mantistech.com --remove *noSpam*

post-16462-13819266511046_thumb.jpg