What's your AVR

S2KDDS

what Yammie do you have and why are YOU unhappy with it. Never mind the pundits.

I have upgraded from an RXV850 (prologic only) to RXV 2400 (now it's a 2500 model) and am perfectly happy with the sound through my Cornwalls. I love the Yamaha sound (what sound, it sounds like music), the inputs, remote, functions, DSP modes, everything. In fact I now operate THREE Yamaha's in various parts of the home (there's a RV 596 stereo receiver in the office).

Michael

Denon AVR-3805 - nice pice, good sound!

Nothing wrong with Yamaha, there's a new upper class AVR coming soon, take a look! I wish they had it out last year, maybe I bought it instead of the Denon.

The "Yammy bright" opinion comes from the 70s and 80s and mostly from people who never owned one (I had two, no complaints!)

Trust your own ears!

----------------

On 6/17/2005 5:15:27 AM dr-dezibel wrote:

The "Yammy bright" opinion comes from the 70s and 80s and mostly from people who never owned one (I had two, no complaints!)

Trust your own ears!

----------------

I have to disagree with this statement,I bought a lower end Yamaha for my bedroom in 2003,about $300 at BB.That was the worst sounding and brightest avr I've ever heard in my life.The newer more expensive Yamahas may sound great,I leave it to the ones that own them to comment.

----------------

On 6/17/2005 7:21:13 AM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

Never mind the "experts" buy whatever you think sounds good to your ears.

----------------

This is GREAT advise,if you will audition different brands you will find the one that sounds best to your ears,DO NOT take advise on what sounds best to you.I went through piles of avrs,I just went and purchased or got on loan 3 or 4 at a time and tried em' for a week or so,there is a big difference to my ears.

Right now, I have a Sony to hold me over15.gif . Actually, I bought it 4 years ago with plans to just use it while my gear was in a small room, then upgrade when moving the stuff to a bigger room and give it to my parents to replace their crappier unit (or use it as a secondary). But it seems to do ok on the KLF-20's. When I finally do move the gear to a bigger room, I will be on the prowl.

I tend to agree with the comments made that you should only seek to change the Yammy if YOU don't like it. But on the flip side of that, the people who seem to be really happy with their's seem to be running Heritage speakers. Yall gotta keep in mind that on the RF-7's, the Yamaha's are "brighter" than on the other klipsch models.

When I was auditioning between the KLF-20s and RF-7's I did notice the yamaha sounded brighter to me, especially on the RF's.

I have had three sets of Yamaha receivers

first one was the stereo CR-1020

then the Pro-Logic RXV-850

then Dolby Digital/DTS RXV-2095

I like the way they all sounded

that is until I bought my first separate, a 5 ch amp (Anthem MCA50)

using the RXV-2095 as a pre/pro for now

this realy improved the sound, more than I thought

what I am getting at is to suggest you look into separates

it is worth the effort

hopefully in the not too distant future, I plan on getting a separate pre/pro

probably the Anthem AVM30

so, look into separates and skip the upgrade to another AVR