• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

LOL, Ray!

You must not tune in to the pop stations or VH-1 much!! 2.gif

It's Gwen Stefani's new song, "Hollaback Girl." Has a fun "cheerleading" beat to it. Very catchy. You can catch a snippet of it at amazon.com--the album is "Love. Angel. Music. Baby."

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00064AEJW/qid=1119449295/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/102-7001087-7172108?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

----------------

On 6/23/2005 1:00:24 AM crazytubepower wrote:

Whatever that crazy white girl trying to be black is saying is not important...that song makes me want to die...it is so horrid...help lord that there is a 2 page thread about this...this is a cruel wicked world...

CTP

----------------

Coming from a 14 year old CA guy, this gives us hope that the next generation isn't completely twisted. Thanks.

----------------

On 6/23/2005 3:15:15 PM ARPRINCE wrote:

What ever happened to the great songs of the good old days? "AFTERNOON DELIGHT" was the best!
:)

----------------

As much as I like that song and the era, I can't believe the Starland Vocal Band was granted a TV show after a one hit wonder.

But then again, there were the Hudson Bros.......

I love 70's music, but even I have to admit, there was some extremely lame pop and country put out in that decade. I suppose every decade has it's clunkers, but Andy Kim? And how about Conway Twitty's "sexy" country songs? They were enough to make the most hormone-engorged teen almost swear to celibacy. Almost.5.gif

----------------

On 6/21/2005 8:08:04 AM Royster wrote:

weeeelllll......

As far as current vixens go. Gwen is a hot little thing... even though I am a old fart now.....lol

She could holler for me anytime.

----------------

Well, seeing as she was born in 1969, that would make her about 36, or 4 years younger than you.

Hmmmm.... Looks damn good for a 36 year old. I guess she has to starve herself.

----------------

On 6/22/2005 9:09:52 AM Amy Unger wrote:

It's Gwen Stefani's new song, "Hollaback Girl." Has a fun "cheerleading" beat to it. Very catchy. You can catch a snippet of it at amazon.com...

----------------

Thanks, Amy. 7.gif Now that silly tune is running around in my head...6.gif

Let's see now. My Ebonics skills are certainly lacking, but perhaps "hollaback" can be broken down into it's root meaning. "Back" seems to refer to ones butt (i.e. "Baby's got back"), and "holla" seems to be a butchered form of "holler" (i.e. to yell or make noise). So this seems to imply some kind of noise that eminates from the butt.

I think this song is about a girl with a bad case of gas!

Can't say that I have any of her music, but I found this charming picture. Believe it or not, the reference to a garden tool appears to be one of her songs. You can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl.

a

post-17678-13819266586706_thumb.jpg