Men are from Porsche, women from Kia?

coda

----------------

It does have manual transmission- name 5 women who can successfully drive those.

Umm, I can name one off the top of my head... my wife. In fact, she taught me to drive one (which wasn't pretty) when I was in grad school. I've owned nothing but manuals since.

It's truly amazing to me that (in the article) they still pay homage to Oprah for giving away all of those Pontiac G6's to her audience last year.

.......especially, considering that it cost her NOTHING! GM picked up the tab and the taxes. But, she sort of failed to mention that.

Oprah got the publicity (and still is) / GM got the shaft and the bill for it. A VERY smart woman, that Oprah. As for GM, the G6 sales have been a major disappointment. It's just another one of their "bottle-nosed" dolphin designs that have become so boring. How is it that Cadillac can do so well and continue to release such exciting designs while the rest of GM simply founders? Beats me. And to think that I used to hate Cadillacs, because they were so big and stodgy.

Who would have thought we'd be hearing Led Zeppelin music on a Caddy commercial? Holy crap! 2.gif

Dave: My wife drives a Laser Red, 1996 Mustang SVT Cobra. It has a 5-speed and she loves it. I drive our truck.

You got me there. My wife breaks out in a cold sweat at the sight of a clutch pedal. I do, however envy the Mustang. A friend has an aluminum bodied AC Cobra (not Shelby) with a 5L SHO and five speed that I maintain. When the girls get back from college the first thing they want to do is drive it. My friend is OK with that!!!

Dave H

----------------

On 6/21/2005 10:22:28 AM Dave_H wrote:

Both my daughters drive stick, and quite well I might add. In fact they hate automatics.

Dave H

----------------

Same here. I told both of my daughters they HAD to learn..... then they could pick what they wanted. They both prefer sticks.

I could add that they both tow & backup trailers very well.

Okay, I give, I give. I take back my comment regarding manual transmissions and the female of the species. You guys are manly men who have trained your daughters well, I must say.

The French this was survival, the Vietnam war was still on when I started HS. Canada was looking mighty good. (nothing against those who have served in the armed forces)

Michael

----------------

Both my daughters drive stick, and quite well I might add.

----------------

Oh man Fini where are ya!?!? I just can't type here what I am thinking...if only it were a forum member I knew better.

My goal in teaching them was safety....

1. They do not drink at all. They may need to be the drivers some day.

2. We do alot of camping/waterskiing etc. If I get hurt, they need to drive.

3. Everyone should learn anyway! SO quit your *****in', shut up, & get in there!6.gif

Both my daughters drive stick, and quite well I might add.

----------------

Oh man Fini where are ya!?!? I just can't type here what I am thinking...if only it were a forum member I knew better.

Yeah, I had second thoughts about that as well. Sounded a bit like the "looks like Willow doesn't drive stick anymore" line from BTVS. Then I thought - well we are all mature adults here, sage Klipschaholics whose minds are pure:-)

----------------

It does have manual transmission- name 5 women who can successfully drive those.

Both my daughters drive stick, and quite well I might add. In fact they hate automatics.

Dave H

----------------

My wife can drive one.

----------------

On 6/21/2005 11:34:42 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

----------------

Dave H

----------------

My wife can drive one.

----------------

Daddy Dee: The first line was a quote from Colterphoto1. The second was my reply. New to the forum - just figured out how do do the "quote" thing.

Dave H