jpm

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/17/2005 7:33:07 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

oh , it's a LADY!

Gary, may I say that I adore your wife? She decorated around Zebrawood Cornwalls, bless her heart. Any more like that at home?

Michael

----------------

Yes Michael, I have the zebrawood heresys.9.gif

Take my wife, please.2.gif Just kidding. She's become a real trooper. I think once she realized it wasn't a passing phase or mid-life crisis, she became much more tolerable and supportive. She does have 2 unmarried sisters, one who just went through a really bad divorce but I wouldn't wish either of them on my worst enemy.14.gif14.gif

I feel like an outsider looking in on a sociological experiment, but they are fun reads. 9.gif

Men like to quantify everything, living in the world of ohms and amps and cables and resistance. Women live in the world of 'oh that sounds nice'.

Same world, different outlook.

Woo

----------------

On 7/15/2005 12:35:37 PM jpm wrote:

care less about a nice audio system? How can they be happy with a Bose Wave radio or less?

Discuss

----------------

My wife loves the tube system. She even comments about how much better it sounds than our previous bed room SS system. She's really into the music, as much and probably more than me.

Our music taste are considerably different, but she loves the system just the same. As a matter of fact, I just purchased another mc60, not more than a week ago. All she said was, "What room is this one going in?". She's a good woman, and treats me great. They don't come much better, period.9.gif

Great subject--

Women enjoy music. They like great sound. But its not a priority that is high on their list.

No woman will spend alot of time tweaking their system. They may buy a great sounding stereo all at once but that's it. Upgrades don't make sense to them because they would receive little extra listening pleasure for the money that would be better spent on a lunch, nail appointment, or an outfit.

And the system needs to be either unobtrusive within the decor or match the colors and textures. I stained/finished my KG's to match our living room armoire so they wouldn't get stuck in a closet. Whenever I see a Bose system with those double tweeter satellites and a sub in a home, I know the guy lost the "they won't look good there" battle with his significant other, and he's enduring pseudo fidelity because of it.

You also won't find a lady hunting down obscure music. Especially music that's not been heard on the radio at some time. The music they buy won't be purchased for their pleasure alone--they only will buy what their GFs will like in the background while they are chatting.

The volume has to be at a level where they don't need to turn it down if someone calls or if she can't hear each and every word from her shyest guest clearly. I saw my wife was visibly urked that our Memorial Day pool party guests had to talk above the loud reggae cranking out of the house. For guys, we WANT to have to talk above great music. Ladies don't. Girls might.

I envy those of you who have mentioned "sound" females. Me, I'm on my own.

After 23 years of marrige my wife likes my tube system quite well. Hates trying to remember how to turn things on. Likes vinyl but prefers I cue up the LPs and clean them.

She likes movies in the HT as well. She would never research an improvment. But I am certain she will be Ok with getting VRDs and a Blueberry when she gets her next promotion.

A typical macho Klipsch Forum member married a rather lovely looking lady and after the wedding, he laid down the following rules:

1). "I'll be home when I want, if I want and at the time I want and I don't expect any hassle from you."

2). "I expect a great dinner to be on the table unless I tell you that I won't be home for dinner."

3). "I'll go hunting, fishing, drinking and card-playing when I want with my buddies and don't you ever complain about it."

"Those are my rules. Any comments?"

His new bride replied, "No, that's all just fine with me. But please understand that there will be LOVE MAKING here at seven o'clock every night .......... whether you're here or not." 6.gif