BORING!

DRBILL

What is happening to the FORUM? Nothing of any great interest has hapened in a couple of weeks. Perhaps it is summer torpor.

Maybe I'm just bored.

But that can't be. I was just presented with my third grandchild. My 36 year old daughter had a boy. Her first child. He is beautiful. Thank God, he looks just like his Pop, mop of black hair and all. The rest of us don't favor much! 8#2oz, 19½".

His name is Marlon Vaughn L. His Pop is bassist in the "Me Thinks" which was voted best hard rock band in the Dallas/Fort Worth area by the Fort Worth Weekly poll. His stage name is Merlin Von Bungy. Go figure.

I'm tired. His mom REALLY is.

DR BILL

DR BILL

----------------

On 7/25/2005 4:53:29 PM triode wrote:

Well Cut-Throat posted an interesting thread and it was deleted.

----------------

Yeah, I think that was one of Cut-Throat's better threads.

Father Bill, in what way do you find the Forum boring? In terms of lack of flame wars or in terms of lack of stereo info?

I agree with Nick on guessing that the summer finds many Forum members outdoors.

Congradulations...WHat is missing is the purchase and review of new gear. Everyone is so deep in their current system, nothing else is being bought and reviewed.

I know, why doesn't someone donate some free Klipsch speakers to me and I can tell all.9.gif

Here is my short list:

Anything 804 B&W and up

Theil

JBL L100's

----------------

On 7/25/2005 6:35:00 PM Parrot wrote:

Father Bill, in what way do you find the Forum boring? In terms of lack of flame wars or in terms of lack of stereo info?

I agree with Nick on guessing that the summer finds many Forum members outdoors.

----------------

Flame wars are a definite waste of kinetic energy. An old friend used to put it this way-

"We are passing the saw through the same old slot without ever touching new wood."

DRBILL

Congrats Doc.

It is harder to get in the long listening sessions in the summer and it lets the thoughts of audio drift.

However, i have just recently lost a dear friend - my old RPTV decided to give up. I am going to replace the slot in my whole wall cabinet with a fireplace and mantle in the lower section and a Plasma TV in the upper (Pioneer PDP 5050hd). I, of course, had to buy a Universal player so I am adding the Pioneer DV-59AVi. I guess this will have to be the new baby in our household.

Now, back to my mantle drawings and reassesment of my woodworking skills - Fireplace is framed waiting for insert....