Anybody Ready For some Football

Guest Damen Bonner

Ummm, I'll take football and not necessarily Madden, who was initially great the early years with Pat - but he just does not do it for me anymore (and is leaving a sinking ship). Of course, you may mean NFL Madden - the video game, and then I will admit that as a video game, it is top rate.

My favorite time of the year - football. Time to root for your team (mine - the Rams), listen to the pundits make fun of your coach (Martz), scowl at your cross-state rivals coached by your former coach (Vermeil-Chiefs), anticipate the upcoming two divisional games quarterbacked by your former has-been Superbowl QB (Warner - Arizona), wince at your team's special teams (ours), watch your team rack up the points (ours), and hope beyond all hopes that your offensive line can actually protect your gun-slinging QB and hard-charging RB (Bulger and Davis).

Oh, the anticipation. Happy NFL season to all fans.

Carl.

Amy and Carl, what city are the Rams in this season?2.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist!9.gif9.gif9.gif

They have indeed had some very talented members, hopefully they can put it all together this year!

I enjoy Monday night.. it is definately a ritual - even if it is only on in the background with music playing! And I wouldn't mind them bringing back a Thursday night game as well.

But I think I enjoy college ball even better, despite the lack of coverage of worthwhile teams/leagues on DFW TV! Sure wish they broadcast the SEC games!

Gee it's hard to believe its here again already!

Enjoy!

Guest Damen Bonner

What marks the start of the football season for me is John Madden football and to hear Hank sing the Monday night theme song, I can not wait!!

----------------

On 8/8/2005 4:16:31 PM dragonfyr wrote:

Amy and Carl, what city are the Rams in this season?
2.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist!
9.gif9.gif9.gif

----------------

Yeah, we have that coming. At least for the moment, they are still in St. Louis. Hopefully, Martz conducting training camp locally (in town) will actually help the team's performance (instead of hindering it).

Looking forward to not only to the visuals but to hear NFL action live on the Reference-based system upstairs or the Heritage-based system downstairs. Only a matter of a few or so weeks now until the first real game....

Carl.

I have moved to High School football. I can see a game every Friday night for under 10 bucks and the kids have not been tainted by the money (YET). I am about sick of the HUGE salaries (to play a game) and we just turn our heads on the drugs. RW should be banned, but as long as there are lines to be written in Vegas the machine will keep on rollin. I will admit I would take the money if I had the talent so I guess that makes me a hypocrit (sp).

So, go Bulldogs and go Hogs (I could really care less about the Hogs, but when in Rome)

----------------

On 8/8/2005 3:48:55 PM Damen Bonner wrote:

NFL or Madden?

----------------

Oh yeah. But when you say Madden, are you referring to the game Madden NFL 2006? Will be picking that up sometime today!

Alas, another Rams fan here. Gotta keep Bulger healthy this year, no more shoulder injuries please! Oh and lets not forget about keeping Jackson healthy. Good to see that they got some new turf this year, hopefully it will keep his knees in better shape.

----------------

On 8/8/2005 4:03:46 PM cjgeraci wrote:

My favorite time of the year - football. Time to root for your team (mine - the Pats), listen to the pundits pay homage to your coach (Belichick), scowl at your no-longer-in-the-division rivals coached by your former coach (Parcells - Cowboys), anticipate the upcoming two divisional games against your former has-been Superbowl DB (Law - Jets), wince at your team's special teams (ours), watch your team rack up the points (ours), and hope beyond all hopes that your offensive line can actually protect your gun-slinging QB and hard-charging RB (Brady and Dillon).

Oh, the anticipation. Happy NFL season to all fans.

Griff.

----------------

9.gif

----------------

On 8/8/2005 11:45:28 PM RickB wrote:

I've been waiting ever since I got a wide screen HD tv for the NFL season to start. Damn it looks great.

----------------

Yeah, tell me about it! I've gotten mine just in time for the playoffs! Un-friggan-believable! I was completely blown away by just how awesome it was to watch a game. I am typically not a huge fan of football (I'd much rather be out skiing, for example), but wow! Watching a game on the HDTV really drew me in to the action. I might as well friggan be there - on the sideline, no less!

As an aside, I did not realize just how good I had it until I tried to go to a local sports bar to watch a game. Between all the smoke and the noise and such, I could hardly watch the game (much less listen). At the half-time, I decided to hell with it and go back home and watch the rest of it. Much, much better experience!

And on top of that, there is a guy at work that is trying to talk me into getting onto his fantasy football league.