Therapy session, sorry for intruding....

Griffinator

Just got word today that the most special lady to ever pass through my life passed away on Sunday. I hadn't spoken to her in a couple months, but I knew back when we were still seeing each other that this was going to happen. She had a rare blood disease that she knew was going to catch her sooner or later - she split up with me last year because she didn't want me to have to bear what was coming, and for her kids' sake, she allowed her ex husband to move in with them during these last few months. It's been a really tough day for me, and sorry to vent this here, I just need to talk it out. I've never been loved by anyone the way Donna loved me, nor have I ever loved a woman the way I loved her.

Death sucks.

Griff, sorry to hear what your going through. It is always hard to loose someone dear. At least she is not suffering with her illness anymore.

Someone once told me that love is the only thing that can't be separated by death. Your story reminds me of that fact.

Take care,

JM

Geez Griff, that's a tough one. Chin up, keep those fond memories, maybe do something special in her honor. Man, that's a tough kind of love for her to try to spare your feelings and make the decision to bring her family back together for her final months.

Now about healing the Griff. What to do? Can/will you attend the funeral? Did she have a favorite charity or group? Were you close to her kids- maybe you could do something for them?

Death does suck, the older I get, the more friends I lose. It's part of the natural order of things, we don't have to be happy about it, but in time, I think we must accept it.

msg if you need to talk deeper. We're all family. We're here for ya man. Thanks for sharing.

Michael

I'm actually doing that, Mike, hosting a tournament at the gaming site where I met her on Thursday night in her honor.

She was much loved by all who came in contact - she was just an incredibly giving person. We are depleted as a species for the loss of her. She was just that kind of woman - never had a harsh word for anyone, and would give the shirt off her back for ya. Amazing person.

----------------

On 8/9/2005 4:26:39 PM Griffinator wrote:

I've never been loved by anyone the way Donna loved me, nor have I ever loved a woman the way I loved her.

----------------

Griff-

I'm not one to deliver platitudes or "comforting" thoughts..

Look at your own words and consider yourself among the MOST fortunate

clu

----------------

Just got word today that the most special lady to ever pass through my life passed away on Sunday.

----------------

Sorry to hear dude! Hey, if you want, I am only but a couple hours away. If you want somebody to just hang out and shoot the $#!+ with, somebody to just talk to, I'll be more than happy to drive out that way this weekend.

Sad to hear the loss of a near and dear friend.

I guess the words from Kamelot seem appropriate here:

"A broken rainbow falls from the sky

The tears of sorrow

Fill a young man's eyes

There's a dark cry from deep inside

From a splintering heart"

-Kamelot, "Troubled Mind", Dominion

My condolences Griff. In time you will know that you have healed because at some point you will realise that you have had a memory of her that carried no sadness with it. You will of course have sad moments after that but once you discover that a fond memory had carried no grief you will know that you are on the road to being healed. That said, as a former therapist , I can tell you that the grieving process realistically takes about 3 years....Don't try to rush it...You cannot.... And denying grief only perpetuates it.

Griff sorry to hear of your loss. I know in times like this life tends to suck, but keep your chin up the pain will eventually give way to the fond memories and cherished times you have locked deep within you. Again sorry to hear of you loss, remember we are always here to lend an ear...eye for whatever the need.

----------------

On 8/9/2005 7:31:28 PM cluless wrote:

----------------

I've never been loved by anyone the way Donna loved me, nor have I ever loved a woman the way I loved her.

----------------

Griff-

I'm not one to deliver platitudes or "comforting" thoughts..

Look at your own words and consider yourself among the MOST fortunate

clu

----------------

As usual Clu goes to the heart of things.

I agree with her - hang in there big guy...

Griff: I am extremely sorry for your loss. Consider yourself fortunate for having known her and for the time you were able to spend with her while she was here. Take heart in knowing that she is now in a better place and she is not suffering. Remember that she will always be with you wherever you go, in both memory and spirit. No one can take that away from you. May God bless her.

• 2 weeks later...