road trip tomarrow (short one) for k-horns FINALLY!!!!!!

joessportster

heading out tomarrow to get my k-horns finally yes yes YES!!!!!!!! seems to be an awsome deal have to let the belles go but i guess i will make it thru somehow. belles for k-horns thats a pretty good trade the belles are already sold to a forum member and the price of those covered the k-horns only out tax's and road expenses. 220 miles round trip, can any of you tell me how hard it is to remove the top horn section for transport, and how tall the lower section is by itself thanks and i will of course post a thread of my thoughts after i get them set up 10.gif Joe

B tops are also held on by one wingnut on each side. Lift straight up. The sections are heavy, one can do it alone but two make it easier.

First disconnect the wires running between the top and bottom sections. Also take the side grills off before moving around and loading them.

----------------

On 8/19/2005 4:05:48 PM Parrot wrote:

39 inches tall.

On the C model, the top comes off by taking off 2 wingnuts that you can turn with your fingers. Probably the same setup with the B model.

Hmmm . . . you beat me by 2 seconds!

----------------

beat you by 2 seconds huh!! were you going to bid against a brother forum member? i had a substancially higher bid in than the winning one. i was supprised tey stayed as low as they did. i would apolagize for beating you by 2 seconds but i'm really not sorry11.gif9.gif i have been lusting after a set of k-horns ever since i heard garys over a year agoi will have ouned all the heritage line speakers now but will be keeping these for sure. my room is to small, and i dont know where i will put half the crap i have to move bot i will struggle thru somehow9.gif Joe

congrats joe on your k-horns. i have removed a set from a home and put them in and out my truck by my self with the tops removed and the side grills still attached. the seller owned a bar and was seriously hung over. You Can Do It!!!

----------------

On 8/19/2005 4:20:03 PM joessportster wrote:

beat you by 2 seconds huh!! were you going to bid against a brother forum member? i had a substancially higher bid in than the winning one. i was supprised tey stayed as low as they did. i would apolagize for beating you by 2 seconds but i'm really not sorry
11.gif9.gif
i have been lusting after a set of k-horns ever since i heard garys over a year agoi will have ouned all the heritage line speakers now but will be keeping these for sure. my room is to small, and i dont know where i will put half the crap i have to move bot i will struggle thru somehow
9.gif
Joe

----------------

Calm down now! I already have Klipschorns. Mike beat me by 2 seconds in answering your post.

----------------

On 8/19/2005 5:42:05 PM thebes wrote:

Nekkid khorn pictures, can't wait.

Congrats hope you haven't sold all your tools you'll need some false corners.

----------------

i have corners they are just a little closer than would be optimum, no worse than garys set-up and he isnt complaining Joe