75 belles for 1600 in Maryland

Budman

----------------

On 8/24/2005 7:55:16 PM Parrot wrote:

Very odd: The $1600 seller has been a registered eBay member since Dec-29-98 but has zero feedback.

----------------

probably like me, I have no idea how long I have been registared with ebay and I only have a couple feedbacks, basically all from this past year, LOL

----------------

On 8/25/2005 12:55:50 AM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

That seller is an idiot. Remember when he tried to sell them a couple of weeks ago?

Rick.
----------------

Hey Thumpelstiltskin , Did you get your signature from an old Hank Williams Sr. song ? " My buckets got a hole in it , I can't buy no beer ? " . Anyway unless you can go and see these Belles in person , I would avoid this seller like the plauge !!!

----------------

On 8/25/2005 1:03:58 AM sunburnwilly wrote:

----------------

On 8/25/2005 12:55:50 AM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

That seller is an idiot. Remember when he tried to sell them a couple of weeks ago?

Rick.
----------------

Hey Thumpelstiltskin , Did you get your signature from an old Hank Williams Sr. song ? " My buckets got a hole in it , I can't buy no beer ? " . Anyway unless you can go and see these Belles in person , I would avoid this seller like the plauge !!!

----------------

That right, SB Willy. Hank was one of several people/groups to record that song.

As for looking at the Belles, the seller told one guy that asked to see them, "Sorry but the listing offer does not provide for auditioning or viewing--Thanks for your inquiry anyway and have a nice day".

Rick.

Yep, the guy is a total doofus! Well you bought a center channel Belle anyway. You can get out of paying since he was not clear that you were bidding on a single speaker. I don't think the guy even knows English I bet someone put that text together for him, you should have seen the text the first time he listed them.

I would hold him to selling you the pair or threaten Negative Feedback and reporting him to eBay for false advertising!

----------------

On 8/25/2005 1:19:11 AM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

As for looking at the Belles, the seller told one guy that asked to see them, "Sorry but the listing offer does not provide for auditioning or viewing--Thanks for your inquiry anyway and have a nice day".

Rick.

----------------

I was the one that wrote and asked him if I could look at them when the auction was up last time. I gave that auction a quick look last night and thought they looked familiar. I was ready to drive out and inspect any day any time and the seller said no. I hope this works out for the buyer/forum member...but be careful.

This auction?

I don't see how he can say it's for one speaker. He's got two Belles in his pics -- one has the logo on the upper left corner, the other on the upper right -- and though he doesn't show a single picture with both of them in it, he's got one speaker with a wall on its left and another speaker with a wall on its right. Furthermore he uses "speakers" plural throughout the text. He has no chance of convincing anyone that this auction presents one speaker, not two. IMO, etc.

This is of course a deal that would need to be completed in person. You can't trust a guy like that with cash in advance.

I still find the ZERO feedback peculiar after he's been registered for several years. Anyway, make the guy's feedback record a NEGATIVE ONE and he'll have to go to the trouble of making a new fake identity.

This is the text of Larenzo's ad that ended last night. No mention of one speaker only here! Go get THEM!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Belle-Klipsch-Vintage-Speakers-Very-rare_W0QQitemZ5802248874QQcategoryZ61378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(I would save a copy of this auction as a file on my computer if I was involved in a dispute over this.)

"Belle Klipsch Vintage Speakers! Crafted in 1975 and in mint condition, these speakers are a direct result of the engineering genius of Paul W Klipsch. The Belle, created in 1971 and named for Paul Klipsch's first wife answered the call for a more domestically acceptable La Scala with a less utilitarian finish and a smaller footprint, except in appearance, the Belle is virtually identical to the La Scala. Bandwidth:54Hz-17khz plus or minus 3db Sensitivity:103dB @ 2.83V/1meter Impedance: 8 ohms nominal Crossover points: 450 hz and 4.5 kHz Output:120dB Max continuous Power Handling:100 Watts(400 Watts peak) Enclosure and drivers: Three way fully loaded horn system using one 1" (2.54 CM) phenolic diaphragm compression driver and one 2" (5.08 CM) phenolic diaphragm compression driver with an exponential horn and on 15"(38.1cm) fiber composite cone woofer with an exponential folded horn Net Weight: 125 lbs. (56.7kg) Height: 35.63" (90.5 cm) Width: 30.13" (76.5cm) Depth: 18.75" (47.6cm) These speakers can only be appreciated by the experienced collector, and are well worth every penny paid. They are in mint condition and will make a beautiful addition to any home theater or collection! The spots on the primary picture of the speakers are from the camera. The actual speakers are guaranteed to be spot free. Currently only available by special order from the manufacturer- listed at $3500 per speaker"

The arses listing of this AM at 7:35 says one at $1600 at the end of the paragraph. Does he have three?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Belle-Klipsch-Vintage-Speakers-Very-rare_W0QQitemZ5802547117QQcategoryZ61378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rick

PS: I just bought the pair up on Cape Cod. I figure they are worth it even if I sell one and my LaScala or my Cornwalls after I fix the Belle's cabs.

I'm gonna be in BIG trouble now! My wife's faculty union voted yesterday to strike as of Sept 1st.

Heres a quote from the ad from a possible buyer asking him a question.

Q: I would love to have a pair of belles. Just for their appearance. I current own 3 pairs of 1978 la scala's. I purchased the last 2 pair for less than your...more

Aug-03-05

A: if you win the lottery you can special order a pair of brand new belles at $3500.00 each. But it would still be a better deal to buy my vintage pair.

He referes to the ad as a pair in all the questions he answers. That SOB! let us know what happens. I sent him an email.14.gif

I am pissed. I don't know how I should proceed. The negative feedback thing is worthless. A retaliatory negative would do me more damage with 180+ positive than the guy with a zero rating.

The ad is clearly for the pair. When I sent him an email asking a good time to pick up the speakers, he replied:

"Don't start driving yet. Unless your name is Mark, one speaker has been sold."

I told him that I had no idea who Mark is, but I won the auction for the PAIR. It went downill from there. This guy is clearly a moron. I can't decide whether or not to let this go.

What can I do????