At what levels do you guys listen to???

RAPTORMAN

No matter how loud I play my music, it's too loud for my wife. "Music should be background." I'm sick of hearing her say that!

I'm just guessing, but I'd say around 85-90dbs on average but when nobody else is home, I like to crank it up well over 100dbs depending upon the music. Acoustic jazz sounds better at 95dbs then it does at 120 IMO.

For Car Audio its possible. 126 dB is easy. 180 is my dream wish that I want to set up a car, but of course I won't be in the car.[H] My friends car audio subs can go up to 150-160 dB.

Tell your friends to stay out of my neighborhood.

Not only is that level unhealthy for their ears, but it impedes the ability of them and those around them to hear emergency vehicles, to say nothing of invading the personal space of the general public and peoples homes.

Listening loud on the open road is one thing, please tell your friends to have the courtesy to please turn it down in residential neighborhoods.

Thank you,

Michael

• 5 months later...

It is 4:30 AM which is about when I listen so I would be surprised if I go over 85-90. I'm about a mile and half from a sheriffs sub station and this not one way I want to meet them.

My living room is 15 x 15 x 8 so anything really loud just sounds overwellming so probably around 95-100 is too loud for my living room.

-22 ---------------------normal

-15-----------------------most of the time

-12-----------------------aggressive

-8-------------------------abusive (music videos, chair vibrates, floor vibrates, walls vibrate)

-5.5-----------------------Max SPL

JJK

I can only assume, from your desire to achieve such high dB levels, that your friends don't really care about how their music sounds, and that they have pretty deep pockets. So must you, if you're trying to break the worlds record for dB output.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/07/02/popsci.stereo.kill/

One note volume output? I don't see the relevance to the topic, you obviously don't LISTEN to this. You just make noise. Lots of it, granted, but just noise.

Am I a wimp? Is my meter off? I can't believe you guys normally listen at 85-90 db! How can I check my meter? If I put my Yamaha receiver at -20 for movies, it's about as loud as I want.

Michael

Wimp?probably the one of the few smart ones here,or your blessed with very sensitive ears!

My self,well don't have a meter but I got 4 watts to work with including peaks so that would put my speakers at about 107 db 110 pushing it.I listen at 12' so maybe 95db.This is only occasionally,because I find with this system I can get into trouble real fast!

Most of the time I would guess around 75-80 db.

Greg