The Phillies really suck

jacksonbart

Great, I used to love NFL. Then we got a team. Payton and his outrageous salary is one thing. Listening to crybaby RB Edgerrin James who makes a big deal out of skipping training camp.

Then we've GOT to have a new friggin stadium. This was rammed down the throats of the people of Indy faster than you can say ripoff. Our current stadium is not state of the art enough with boxes for all the rich cats. So they place another 1% food and beverage tax on the citizenry to pay for the Irsay's to play. Wonder what happens to the first 1% we also pay for the stadium that's paid for that we're tearing down! I hate it when a sports franchinse holds my city hostage and costs me money. As a protest, I'm cutting down on restaurant use, so as to pay less tax dollars to these greedy dolts.

Strangely enough, the Hulman-George family who owns the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, has never asked for the first tax dollar to run the biggest spectacle in motor racing. This operation has been operating for like 80 years as a privately run corporation.

Major league sports DO NOT make or break cities. We would be fine without the Colts. Wish they'd stayed in Baltimore.

Michael

colterphoto1

While I understand what your saying, I must say this. I'd take the colts in a heart beat just so we could have a team. Hell, I'd take the 49ers or Dolphins without even giving it a second thought. Oh how I wish we had a team. However portland would never do it.

What bums me out is that there are some states with as many as 3 football teams, and we don't even have one.

Don't feel bad jacksonbart, I am a NY Mets fan and after just getting swept by the Braves they are all but out of the wildcard race. Man they had that game won and once again Braden Looper blew it for them. And after getting Carlos Beltran for all that money he is batting .264 with 16 homers and about 60 rbi's. Well once again I'm saying "we'll get 'em next year".