The Belle Klipsch 1971-2005

Parrot

I certainly will treasure my Belle all the more now.

While I'm well aware of Webb's Third Law of Politics: "For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism," I still say that that in dropping the Belle and keeping the La Scala, Klipsch is merely dressing up the ugly stepsister and trying to pass her off as a family beauty.

Ah, don't be to quick to judge. We really haven't seen the step sister up close and personal, and then we also need to hear her sing.

I'm all for getting one IF the heritage quality is still there, and then ONLY IF she's just as pretty (or prettier, which is hard to beleive) as the Belle AND can sing BETTER (as I would expect her to). If she doesn't sing as pretty, what's the point of spending $5 or 6g's, when you can scarf up a Belle for a whole lot less on epay or other audio auction sites.

I agree wholeheartedly with Parrot: The Belle Klipsch is the most beeeeeeeeauuuuutiful speaker Klipsch ever made. Ultimately, that's why I bought them.

The heritage are all attractive in their own way.....but my wife's reaction when she first laid eyes on ours said it all. There are not many speakers that could get that reaction from her......tough to do!

I, however, refuse to acknowledge "Belle Klipsch: 1971-2005", because the Belle, as all other heritage, will live FOREVER.

The new Lascala is designed to look more like the Bell so Klipsch would no longer have to make the very few that they were producing. Since the Lascala actually out performed the Bell and now looks reasonable close ...... something had to give.

I agree with Craig on this one.

I think the La Scala II looks pretty good; in fact, I think it looks better then Belle, particularly when you consider that you would have to give up the bigger La Scala squawker in order to have a Belle.

One thing I really like about the La Scala II is how they changed the grain on the sides to run vertically now instead of horizontally like on the the original La Scala; makes 'em look a lot prettier, especially with the new top section.

No...I'm afraid I can't in all honesty say that I'll miss the Belle personally speaking, but I do understand and appreciate its historical significance so on that note I can say that I am a bit saddened to see it go.

-H2G

I will say the La Scala seemed to sound VERY nice at the Klipsch weekend.

Looks wise, it is very beautiful... And yes the top can come off too. So it can be split for those crazy enough to think of it as a HT center too.

For me just having the Heritage line availiable..on the regular price sheets to the dealers will help. You know some of them will go, WOW ...A Cornwall on the price sheet, what is that? We all want the Heritage line to be succesful as well. Time will tell.

What???

LaScala's are ugly!!!!!!!! If you dont believe me just ask my wife; she hated them from the day i brought them home. Man I love her so much I sold them and bought a Trio of Belle's in Walnut to go along with the Walnut Heresy's we bought 20+ years ago.

Git-R-Done Bill

Do you love her enough that if she asked you to sell the Belles and buy Bose cubes instead that you would Git R Done?