OK, who wants to take a guess?

jwc

It is just one...front and back. You are gettin' real close.

The bottom section appears to be an appropriate size to house a 12" driver. The top section looks like it was designed to elevate a K401and tweeter up to ear level.

Could that be a center channel?

Terry

EDIT: Looks like it will need to rest inside the fireplace.........

****** A P P L A U S E ******

THAT'S the spirit. No messin' around here in Klipschland. The best sound in cinema comes by way of understanding the importance of the center channel. In HT, the center channel is THE most important speaker.

Finding a way to have 3 fully capable speakers across your front HT soundstage is the key to high performance in HT. Pay attention, you newbies, who are preparing to hole up for the winter with your newly fashioned HT:

When you are planning your center channel, think FULL SIZE.

Hey, JW, do I win a prize? I've been preparing to do the same thing. You're two projects ahead of me. I had to remodel the living room and dining room for mama first. What are you going to do for crossover?

Hold the phone! There are prizes in all this? I should be good for 2 bottles of scotch by now.

I do know what I will do with he crossover. Tonight I will give some update pics and more info in a new thread. Cabinet is done. Now its time for the boring stuff. Sand and Paint. Can't stand this part.

jc

Dean----I'm not saying don't use the Atlas, it's a capable driver and does the job. I'm just saying can the Alnico Cult business with it. Heck, the Alnico fetishism is bad enough when it's about topshelf drivers like Altecs and JBLs where the ferrites sound just as good and in some cases probably better.

JBL made a version of the 2420 1" driver with a phenolic diaphragm, I used to have a pair, 2460 I think they were called. They might go down to 400 though I don't see why they'd sound better than the Atlas; cooler yes, better I'm not so sure.

You're not gonna be happy till you go large-format anyway; Altec 288 or 290 or something. ;-)

I'm sure there are lots of different ways to make this "better". However, I want it to match the Cornscalas I have with K401/K55 and K77. Eventually I may change the Cornscalas' horns to the Trachorn.

"happy." It's a funny word in a way. I'm "happy" now, it sounds very good. Still, I understand that these things are relative. I have zero experience with drivers, and very limited experience with horns. Hearing the difference a horn can make was a wakeup call for sure. I've learned to stop discounting things people say out of hand. Moving to large format with a nice alloy diaphragm would be very sweet - but not with the Klipschorn. When the kids are a bit older and I can barely walk - I'll probably stand up a Jubilee or two.