Install DAY !!! Finally!

IndyKlipschFan

That first pic of the screen scared me..thought something was on it!! hahahaha

I even went downstairs to see... Whew... just the angle or maybe something playing when you took it..

Thank you so much for the pics.. If you can believe it I got the avia test disc I think after the event last year and the sms -1 unit for the subs.. The end result is the picture is just a little better and the subs totally rock now too!

Thank you for the pics and your kind words... It brings back a lot of great memories!!

Can't wait to share with everyone this June!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The carpet was a home run.. A diamond shape that reminded me of something really OLD SCHOOL movie theater type. I put 3/4" padding all downstairs in the walk out basement so with 10' ceilings it does not feel like a lower level and is cushy to your feet!

The room does rock.. 7 LaScala's two 525 surrounds and the THX sub system ka1000 amp and 2 120 subs. (Sunfire pre and 200x7 amp) 106" screen.

Not much bleed through at all. The reason why is it is a room within a room except for the upper trey ceilng. So you can comfortably be upstairs with it rocking downstairs...and not even notice it at all. Now an exploding space station at loud SPL's... Yes, you may feel it on the first level just abit... But nothing upstairs on the third level where all the bedrooms are at.. LOL.

I can't tell you how cool it is to watch sports or a movie if it is on later and the kids are asleep, and not have to have it at a whisper level. Sometimes my wife and I have movie night all to ourselves and just enjoy cuddling up and enjoying the show or game!

Hey! Picky's in MY seat!

I had the pleasure of visiting Roger's wonderful theater last summer after the Pilgrimage. Roger has one incredible set up - the sound is second to none that I have heard - great picture too. With the high performance sound and picture with the super-cool replica movie theater setting (complete with ticket window, lobby and concessions) Roger has what must be one of the best home theaters anywhere.

Here are some of the photos that I took.

Daddy .. That is exactly the point.. I have had great help online and in person.. And a lot of great ideas from people like mOOn, Andy Barr (the older one) from Klipsch long time ago. And coutless others.. The Ear, Steve in Chicago, etc., etc. (Who have never been in my house too...) To Steve Phillips, I will give a shout out on my projector, but really the list goes on and on. I pre planned it 1000 times... And yes, I could of figured most of it out with a few glitches I am sure.. But with help, it all just came together. in 1-2 days. [:D]

I also realise most of you can't have Trey, Steve, and Michael to your house on your set up day.. hehehehe I was spoiled..(We used to get together but things are very busy at Klipsch, and as far the fearsome foursome, it has been a while for all of us to just hang out n shoot the bull..) I hope when the weather is better we can all do that some more! Michael and I still hang out quite a bit, that I do not see changing. But I also wanna say that my wife and yes kids to a point, and myself, We all put this together as well, and made it fun, together..

Playstation 2, movies, sports, general HDTV shows.. It is all good!

My advice for others? Just go for it.. You will enjoy your own theater too!

Very cool, Roger! Is this a part of the tour @ Indy this year?

Oh, are Milk Duds available???

I hope to do something.. Maybe even something big this year, hehehehehe (Stay tuned) but I need to see what Klipsch is going to do Saturday night at the Pilgrimage 2008 before I say anything.. But I am sure even after the events either Friday and / or Saturday if you want to see and experience the HT like last year, we will be rocking!!

Milk Duds (my wife loves em, and she can eat em too she is all of 120 lbs..LOL ) are usually someplace. We will have popcorn for sure!

I can't wait to see what demos and or movies will be on the list this year? hehehehehe

I swear this is pretty awesome your all coming to Indy in june 2008! For Klipsch fans that live outside of Hope and Indy, do you ever have 40- 50 people where you can get fans of your klipsch system and come over off n on over 2 - 3 days..??? It's pretty cool, trust me! I said it before.. and I really mean it too... This is not so much to show off as it is to share! There is a difference, and I love getting smiles back on peoples faces that they really appreciate it too. (And get ideas or share with me theirs to improve or do something for THEIR home theater!)

see ya in 3 months...

• Moderators

Indy: " Not much bleed through at all. The reason why is it is a room within a room except for the upper trey ceilng. So you can comfortably be upstairs with it rocking downstairs...and not even notice it at all. Now an exploding space station at loud SPL's... Yes, you may feel it on the first level just abit... But nothing upstairs on the third level where all the bedrooms are at.. LOL. "

When I was in the kitchen making hamburgers, you were down in the theater with Steve and Picky and the wives I don't know what y'all were playing, I couldn't hear it but the kitchen floor was shaking pretty good, it made me laugh !

Are you still using the Denon 2910? I have the 2900 and I bought the Toshiba HD A35 and it really does have a better picture from the Toshiba.

I saw on the forum that Best Buy(I think) had it for $150 which is half what I paid. I'm not sure how much of a improvement it would have on your projector. On my 34 Sony tv it had better color and sharpness and detail.

My tv is 1080i and the HD DVDS like King Kong, 300, Batman Begins, and Transformers look outstanding. I have the same movies on regular dvds and they upconvert looking close to the HD but the HD discs looks better.

Bought a 50 Sony 1080 p HDTV and will have it in 2-3 weeks so it will be interesting to see how much of a difference there is.

Hey! Picky's in MY seat!

Sorry Michael. Hey: Let's flip for it! LOL -Glenn

Maybe I'll slip in while y'all are flippin' for it. Of course Dr Who or Michael Hurd or any number of other people faster than me would've already beat me to it.

Are you still using the Denon 2910? I have the 2900 and I bought the
Toshiba HD A35 and it really does have a better picture from the
Toshiba.

Why do you think so?? even with hd discs all going to blue ray too??

My projector is 720 native.. buit others like Damon with PS3 swear it is a MUCH better picture..at 1080p . even with a 720p projector..

Keep me posted how your like yours....

I bought the A35 for it's upconverting of standard dvds and not it's HD capabilities. I have 250-300 standard dvds and don't plan on replacing them with HD or BR. I have bought 11 HD dvds, 300, transformers, King Kong, just cause they really improve with the HD version.

Now once Blueray and BR dvds drop in price I'll get one but that won't be for anohter 1 1/2-2 years. I would just wait also for the prices of BR players and dvds to drop.

If you really want to find out how much of a improvement there is ask a friend to bring over a HD/BR dvd player and see for yourself.

To me the colors, detail, and sharpness are better on the Toshiba A35. I did not think the A35's picture would be that much better but it is. I have "The Fifth Element on Superbit standard dvd and it looks outstanding on this. The scene were they are in the desert at the begining looks outstanding.

Our audio and home theater hobby can be frustrating just cause when you think you have it perfect something else comes out and then the addiction needs to be feed. I did not need the A35 but I wanted it and the addiction won. I did not need the new 50 HDTV 1080p but last weekend I bought one, the addiction wins again!

[:|][:o][:P][:S][;)][8]

Most of us when we get the Home Theater done, we go through a period of I just hope I did it right? I think I have been lucky that it exceeded my own expectations. I tried to listen carefully to what others said and go between 2-3 dealers as to the WHY this projector, or why with this screen over the other one. The Infocus 7210 has now 2700 hours. It sais to replace the lamp, but to be honset it is still bright, looks fantastic! I bought a replacement, have it here, but until it fades to burn bright or starts looking bad I will stick with the origional one. (Maybe it will, of course, go bad during the Pilgrimage LOL) Picture wise, depending on the station or movie, it is a solid 9 sometimes a 10. With the exception of seeing the Stewart Screen and a Runco projector with a cinema lens shift which was a 10, (At over 50k?? Just for the projector and lens shift, GULP) I am extreemly happy!!

I am interested with my own 720p native projector with a 1080p signal to it, if it does look as great as some have said. I went to Damon's house and Disney’s Ratatouille and Cars were just incredibe! Maybe I can get Michael with is new HD DVD player to come over to see here as well. A HDMI to DVI plug is all I need. (Who feeds the audio to the projector anyhow? Michael has a new plasma HDTV that is also 720p. To be honest, it is a 10!) Others argue that 720p to 720p is the best I will ever get, until I have a 1080p projector.

From everything I read, cable will have 720p to 1080i at best, (With no plans for 1080p at all) so to spend all this added money for a projector, might not really guarantee good results with non HD content that is 720p 1080i broadcast TV?

Having young kids, I am sure we will go into the Playstation 3 thing at some point. If this next generation is backwards compatible with Playstation 2, games which we got from grandmaw and grandpaw that can be played, maybe it might be about time. Then, like you said, a hdmi audio inteface too might be in order...and that means the Sunfire Theater Grand 5.. Your right, it never ends? LOL

BTW, The 5th Element is one of my favorite movies! I have it in various formats, and with extended scenes, directors cuts, etc., etc. The Ultimate edition is my favorite. The movie itself does not date itself even today, Bruce Willis should be happy with this one a long time.

Some The 5th Element Tidbits:

The Divine Language

The Divine language spoken in the film is an artificial language
with only 400 words, invented by director Luc Besson and Milla
Jovovich. In an interview with Jovovich included in the bonus feature
"The Adventure and Discovery of a Film: The Story of the Fifth Element"
on the DVD release of The Fifth Element (Ultimate Edition), Jovovich stated that she and Besson wrote letters to each other in the Divine Language as practice.

The first part of Leeloo's name, "Leeloominaï" means "precious
stones", and the latter "Ekbat De Sebat" is an honorific that is never
defined. No meaning is given for "Lekatariba" or "Lamina-Tchaï".
"Leeloominaï" is the only word in her name that appears in Luc Besson's
published dictionary. Other spellings of her name include "Leeloo mi
naï", and "Leeloo Minai Lekatariba Lamin-atchai Ekbat Desebat", with
"Lekarariba" being wrongly mistaken as the pronunciation of her "third"
name. No formal declaration of the truth behind the spelling of
Leeloo's name has ever come forth from Besson, but a post-production
promotional poster of Leeloo leaping from a building is subtitled
"Leeloominaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat". The nickname
"Leeloo" also bears close similarity to the French "L'Élue" - "The
Chosen."

The term "Senno Ekto Gamat" used by Leeloo after Dallas kisses her means "never without my permission".

Home release

The original home video release of The Fifth Element took place in North America on December 10, 1997, in VHS and DVD. The original DVD was in its original 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen format, had English and Spanish audio and subtitling, and carried no special features.

The film was re-released in Sony's Superbit collection on October 9, 2001.
The enhanced release, also pressed in its original 2.35:1 format, used
a higher data rate for a better picture, and featured subtitling in six
languages (English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Chinese and Thai) but
only English audio and no special features.

A two-disc Ultimate Edition was released on January 11, 2005.
Disc one contained the Superbit DVD with five languages of subtitles
(all the Superbit subtitles except Thai) and added audio tracks in
German and Swedish. The second disc provided special features,
including deleted scenes and a production featurette, for the first
time.

The first Blu-ray Disc release of the film occurred on June 20, 2006,
and was widely criticized as having poor picture quality. Some have
described it as barely on-par with the DVD release. Sony subsequently
made a remastered Blu-ray version available, released on July 17, 2007. [1]
The feature set of the original Blu-ray release matches Disc 1 of the
Ultimate Collection, while the Remastered version contains only English
and French audio. Neither release carried special features.

Jovovich returned to acting in 1997 with a lead in the Luc Besson directed science fiction action film The Fifth Element, alongside Bruce Willis and Gary Oldman.
She portrayed Leeloo, an alien who was the "perfect being". Jovovich
said she "worked like hell: no band practice, no clubs, no pot, nothing"[32]
to acquire the role and impress Besson, whom she later married and
eventually divorced. She took part in eight months of acting classes
and karate practice prior to filming.[32] Jovovich also co-created and mastered a 400-word alien language for her role.[28]
She wore a costume that came to be known as the "ACE-bandage" costume,
a revealing body suit made of medical bandages designed by Jean-Paul Gaultier.[28][33]The Fifth Element was selected as the opening film for the 1997 Cannes Film Festival and its worldwide box office gross was over $263 million, more than three times its budget of $80 million.[34]The Fifth Element
was often praised for its visual style and unique costumes, and film
reviewer James Berardinelli, explained "Jovovich makes an impression,
although her effectiveness has little to do with acting and less to do
with dialogue".[35] Jovovich was nominated for "Favorite Female Newcomer" at the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards and "Best Fight" at the MTV Movie Awards. However, she was also nominated for "Worst Supporting Actress" at the Razzie Awards.[29]
Jovovich's portrayal of Leeloo garnered a video game and a planned
action figure, but the figure was never released due to licensing
problems.[36] In a 2003 interview, Jovovich said Leeloo was her favorite role to portray.[37]