Install DAY !!! Finally!

IndyKlipschFan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo... it works... Thanks for the heads up.. I am learning to re size for the downlads to smaller sizes.. ( My computer did this automatically...) Sorry!!! Also, I am on cable, so it is very fast too.

Your next Damon... Seadog.. and others I am forgetting in the build out process. Take your time, it is well worth it, trust me!

Woo hoo... it works... Thanks for the heads up.. I am learning to re size for the downlads to smaller sizes.. ( My computer did this automatically...) Sorry!!! Also, I am on cable, so it is very fast too.

Your next Damon... Seadog.. and others I am forgetting in the build out process. Take your time, it is well worth it, trust me!

Somehow I doubt I'm next. They have yet to prove to me that they are not going to screw up my room! I'm easily 5 months away from even getting to START. I am not bitter or jealous though...

Last I want to leave this thread for now... With this.. I thought it kind of summed up the whole experience..

"The most important thing in life....

Is much more than wanting it for ourselves.

The most important thing in life.....

Is to help others win!

Even if that means slowing down and changing our race."

The above quote was taken from a Special Olympics race. The goal is just to compete at your best ability and finish. Ask yourself, isn't that really that is the goal we all have in life... just to finish. In this story where 9 kids lined up and at the start one fell bad.... Unlike most 99.9% of all other races where people go on... He was down on the ground feeling like a failure... bloody knees, crying, and one of the runners came back sat next to the kid hugged him and said, "There....That feel better...??" The kid who had fallen said "yes.." Sniffling some..and by this time all of the other kids came back to see what had happened.. The girl who came back said, "Come on, we need to finish the race... together.. " 9 kids..all running holding hands feeling all like winners went across that line together.. To an ovation by the people witnessing it too.

I do not know if the story above is true or false? It really does not matter. I got it in an email from some friends last week, but it has stuck with me a lot. We go through life sometimes failing and friends pick us up to keep us going. A lot of you in here did that for me along the way in here too So thank you. If I can offer some advice to others on this journey.. keep going.. No room is perfect, no experience even shared is exactly the same. Build something like this for your families. But share it with friends.. Again, to my wife, kids, friends, Trey, Steve, Michael and to others.. We finished this race pretty darn good!

If Paul were alive today who saw a 15 yr old skinny freckled stuttering kid.. who understood nothing about audio, but like a good grandfather allowed me to ask dumb questions to learn too... I think he would be proud that I now at 43, chose to stick with Klipsch as well.

This is truly a Klipsch HT anyone could be proud of.. Even if I say so!

Maybe this will help folks understand the layout of your system.

Across the front its:

LS/THX- ---LSsplitB/MH---- THX/LS

the center is a split LS with mid/high on milk crate centered, with it's bass bin beside it.

The back is (more complicated) The Split LS are LSR, LR, RR, RSR, the 'sides' are still in the back, right next to the other rears, I don't think it's the best implementation of side surrounds, but at least its all perfetly matched LSI's

Each stack is a LS bass bin, with CW on top of that, and Mid/High on that at about 6' high.

The cornwalls are setup so the 'center' ones are verticals with beamy pattern handling the vocals in stereo, the outside ones are horizontal horns for the karaoke music mix.

There are a total of 20 Klipsch Split Industrial LaScalas, THX subs, and Cornwalls in this system!

Michael

It's ABOUT time!! [;)] joking aside, it looks great... very clean design, yet still theatre like. Carpet and red walls are really rich.

So I guess it looks like this.... The room is 17' x 30' framed.. ( real use open area is 17' X 24' when speakers are in place.)

They are built into caveties which will have cloth to cover them. (Skrim ) Look at second pic again to see how this all looks towards the screen.

I had forgotten your room's open area was 17x24' which is close to what I'm planning (16x31' but 16x21' theatre) as it looks a lot bigger in the pics. The behind the screen area is 6' (30-24)?

Unfortunately I have very little height though... [:(] so i'd have to move out to do what you did.

This gives me that little more inspiration to get mine going too... Clean Sweep complete, demo about to start.

ROb

• Klipsch Employees

We had fun...I still don't know how it sounds, only that it works...(the frist time...;)

My ears are not working so good right now. I am sure that I will have many fun times with the Chase family.

The surrounds set close to eachother, but they sound very wide. Cool effect.

Have to get back to work now, just thought I would chime in....

Good points Trey. That's right, every speaker worked correctly the first time out. And that was one huge bundle of cable at the receiver end. Just some of the speaker bays had 5 feeds to them.

I remember Trey's face lighting up late in the day. Roger was out to RS getting some connectors and we'd just finished the main wiring. I was in the middle of the room and Trey hit the surround level test button. Hearing that Noise pass from speaker to speaker sounding almost EXACTLY the same and at perfectly the same level was awesome. The adjustment on the levels 0,0,0,0,0,0,0. Gotta love that perfect timbre matchup.

Even for the first time rough setup, placement seemed very natural. We'll obviously have to do some more intense listening tests (with goodies provided by the gracious Mrs. Indy).

But next time I'm throwing the kids 'busy jumper' and it's monster blower out in the back yard! GEESH- what a headache maker[;)]

Michael

I can't wait for the day when I am done. Just had to screw with some more stuff befor the sheetrock goes up.

Very nice family there Indy and your room looks freakin great. You should be very very proud!

Pretty soon you will able to dim the lights, slip off the shoes, get the popcorn ready and sit back and enjoy!

Cheers to you my friend

Scooter

so how much is the admission? I would like to buy a ticket for myself

and a friend. Are there any student or klipsch forum discounts? [;)]

Btw, nice job getting it to work on the first try. It's a good sign

that somebody knew what they're doing...how did you manage getting

klipsch employees over to your place to hook it all up for you? They

couldn't possibly be interested in this hobby [:D]