I have no idea what I'm doing!

crazytubepower

Now we're into the cars! I had a '67 and and '68 Camaro in the 70's..the 68 was a stock 327 with the powerglide, but the 67 was a bastardized version, originially a 250 6 with a three on the tree turned into a 327 with a Muncie M22 and a 5:13 rear posi! I busted 2 bellhousings, 1st gear was worthless, did 10.83 in a quarter and got about 4 MPG!! It turned 4200 RPM at 55 in 4th gear..good thing the rocker arm studs were the screw in type!

I owned a numbers matching 68 Firebird that had the 400 HO/4 speed Muncie (the rarest combo for that year) from 1978 to 2003..25 years..with 42K original mileage..it started to get some rust..I never drove it due to lack of roads here..so I sold it to a close friend in Valdez..he's been doing a complete restoration on it..got a web page on it

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/741466

Craig, great looking RS/SS!

Steve

PS..this is before i sold it!

post-2159-13819274089394_thumb.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man I hope I'm the pervert

LMAO!

I, myself, had much more refined tastes in cars and drove Italian

convertibles and left the horsepower wars to the guys who needed to

feel macho.

Of course, I hid the 2 Z28's and the Mustang I owned. Now I still

have a 68 Mustang vert waiting to be restored. So many expensive

hobbies and so little money or time.

man I hope I'm the pervert

LMAO!

I, myself, had much more refined tastes in cars and drove Italian convertibles and left the horsepower wars to the guys who needed to feel macho.

Of course, I hid the 2 Z28's and the Mustang I owned. Now I still have a 68 Mustang vert waiting to be restored. So many expensive hobbies and so little money or time.

How does this snobbish remark not surprise me?

Wow, lots of nice cars mentioned here, for sure! Right now my goal is

to own a 1968 or 1969 Camaro. A friend of my dad's (and mine) has a

black 1968 Camaro with a racing fuel cell, roll cage, racing radiator,

spark plug wires, mini-tubbed rear-end (or fully tubbed...I'm not

sure), and a 454 with 427 heads. I'm gonna own that beast one day!!!!

Craig, I'd love to hear what all you did to your Camaro to get it to run like that!

Wow, lots of nice cars mentioned here, for sure! Right now my goal is to own a 1968 or 1969 Camaro. A friend of my dad's (and mine) has a black 1968 Camaro with a racing fuel cell, roll cage, racing radiator, spark plug wires, mini-tubbed rear-end (or fully tubbed...I'm not sure), and a 454 with 427 heads. I'm gonna own that beast one day!!!!

Craig, I'd love to hear what all you did to your Camaro to get it to run like that!

12K in the motor and lots of Nitrous !! The car ran 10:50 at 134 mph on the motor. Put the juice to it and wow! 9:20 !!

I built every inch of the car myself. Of course the machine work I paid to have done but the motor was all my own choices and I assembled it. It was a factory 454 4 bold main block blueprinted, 427 blueprinted factory steal crank, Bill Miller aluminum long rods, Wisco Nitrous racing pinston, Jesel blet drive (rather then timing chain), 800 lift roller cam, Dart 360 Aluminum heads ($4500 worth with porting), Victor intake manifold, Holly 1050 dominator carb. All MSD ingnition system and 2 NOS big shot plate nitrous systems. The transmission was a turbo 400 modified by me with verbal instructions from a old gent in California that had years of experience this tranny was bullet proof and used all GM parts except the valve body. The car had 456 gears in a 12 bolt GM posi with moser spool C clip ellimators and the works(this was the cars weakest link I blew more gear sets then I could count). I used Mickey Thompson 28" X 10.5W series tires! I would have to buy a new set after 10 passes down the quarter or the car would slow down. $350 a shot.

All this was over a 15 year period of progression when I bought the car it ran 14:30 at 100 MPH.

I was one of those Illegal street racers for the most part. Very addicting excitement factor. I think in 15 years I lost 3 races. Detroit, Flint and Pontiac Michigan at one time had a huge street racing crowd.

Needless to say the Audio hobby is chump change compared to racing!

Craig

How does this snobbish remark not surprise me?

Now c'mon Craig. I meant no harm about your "NosValves School." Gosh, everyone knows I am not a snob. I just like to rile you up from time to time.

I loved my Camaro's. I didn't like how much money I spent replacing tires.

Man I can't take a joke and you can't take a joke! What the heck is the world coming too?

Now we're into the cars! I had a '67 and and '68 Camaro in the 70's..the 68 was a stock 327 with the powerglide, but the 67 was a bastardized version, originially a 250 6 with a three on the tree turned into a 327 with a Muncie M22 and a 5:13 rear posi! I busted 2 bellhousings, 1st gear was worthless, did 10.83 in a quarter and got about 4 MPG!! It turned 4200 RPM at 55 in 4th gear..good thing the rocker arm studs were the screw in type! I owned a numbers matching 68 Firebird that had the 400 HO/4 speed Muncie (the rarest combo for that year) from 1978 to 2003..25 years..with 42K original mileage..it started to get some rust..I never drove it due to lack of roads here..so I sold it to a close friend in Valdez..he's been doing a complete restoration on it..got a web page on it http://www.cardomain.com/ride/741466 Craig, great looking RS/SS! Steve PS..this is before i sold it!

Steve Beautiful Firebrid! To bad its a Pontiac[;)]

Wow, nice setup, Craig. I can tell you put a lot of heart and

soul into. I hope that one day I'm financially secure enough to

be able to endulge in my main hobby as it seems you have: cars.

I'm not fond of Nitrous, and have only recently begun to be fond of

forced induction, but that's a great time on just the motor!

10.50 @ 134!! Wow!!

Glad to see you used a 454. I might could use your experience in

the future, assuming I can actually acquire this Camaro I mentioned

earlier. What do you think about turbocharging a 454? I've

heard some say the block's not strong enough to withstand it.

And, why in the world did you sell it?!?! (Or did you not and I'm

just assuming you did?) I would have bought it! I have a

$20 bill right here that I'd give for it! [:P]

Actually the block was a 454 block but in reality the motor was a .060 over bored 427. The blocks are basically the same. 454 blocks are more readily available. A 427 can make more peak horse power but at a higher RPM because of its shorter stroke crank and ability to use longer rods. Which is advantage when your only putting 10" tire to the pavement. This hobby is long gone to me no way this current business income could even come close to supporting it. At the time that I was hot and heavy into racing my previous Home Improvement business was buzzing along beautifully. 5 years ago I had a neck operation and had to re-think my entire life path. No more spending frenzies here.

Craig

I do not know who care, I think its quite amuzing that someone would go to the trouble and try and dig up some posts I put up. Sometimes you have to falsify infomation to be accpeted and be taken suriously. I would like to issue an apology to those who I exploded at, that includes triode, calblacksmith, and someone else, I am blanking on the name at the moment. I'm sure you all think at this point that I am some lying baffon who never tells the truth. It is true that sometimes I do lie, it is a personal fault that I have been trying to fix since early childhood. I feel a need to try and impress people and due to my own insercurity about myself, I make things up. Does this make me a bad person? does this one character flaw deminish my standing as a human being? Because thats how you guy make me feel, thats how everyone has always made me feel. Some would say just tell the truth, but it is not as easy as that. James

That's the biggest bunch of bs I've ever heard.

How about this, just tell the truth upfront. Crazy concept , huh?

You know I find it Ironic that people are trashing this young 15 year old kid that may stretch the turth on harmless things that really hurts no one. But about a 1 1/2 years ago there was a adult here spreading lies and misrepresenting himself for monitary gain and many here defending him. This place never stops amazing me. Give the young man a break.

Craig

I'll admit it definitely isn't 'fair' to defend a grown man spreading

lies for monetary gain and yet turn around and whip a 15-year-old for

telling lies that essentially affect no one. However, from one

stand point, it's too late for that man. He's set in his ways and

is who he is. At 15, there's still time to change. While

I'll also admit that an online forum is not the place for such rebuke, it's better than nowhere, and could possibly have an impact.

Also, justifying any lie by saying that nothing bad comes of it

is just unacceptable. Once one gets the knack of lying, it only

gets easier and easier to do so.

I can't remember who this quote belongs to, but I think it's appropriate:

Those who think it permissible to tell white lies soon become colorblind.

audiobliss