The Twins Visit LarryC

thebes

As some of you may know, Im a house painter by trade and a ner-do-well by

inclination. Recently our very own LarryC took leave of his senses and hired me to do the exterior of his house. Its late in the painting season here in the

DC suburbs and a torrent of rain was slowing things down. I was becoming

desperate to finish the project.

With considerable reluctance I approached The Twins to enlist their help in a

common cause, keeping them in fine food, clothing (lots of clothing) and an

active nightlife on the Club scene.

Hoots of derision is probably a gross understatement to my earnest entreaties,

however, suddenly I had a brainstorm. (light bulb thingy). I pointed out that

they would have an opportunity to revive and model the latest in retro fashion: painters pants. All of a sudden they were full of smiles and could not wait to get started.

So early the next morning, (actually around noon-the gals are not early risers) we

show up at Larrys. I got to tell ya The Twins looked stunning. Tickles was wearing a slightly too small jet black Klipsch t-shirt, over which she had painters coveralls decorated with artfully splashed rainbows of paint. Her hairwas done up in pigtails over which she had a white painters hat with its bill cocked to one side, and, of course, white tennis shoes.

Tawny, still quite tan from our mid-September beach vacation, had chosen a hot-pink t-shirt, white painters shorts, held up with wide suspenders, tennis socks and construction boots. Her waist-lengthhair was single braided and topped off by a Jack Daniels cap.

Larry was so excited to see that we were finally making progress on his house. Indeed, you could often find him holding the extension ladder steady while Tawny worked the upper trim. Indeed, he was very patient when it appeared that Tickles was having a hard time understanding this painting thing and spent hour after hour scraping and priming and painting to show her how it was done.

Well The Twins had a ball that first day, and you could tell Larry was looking

forward to completion of the project. The Twins were so excited we were back at Larrys by no later than 1oclock the next day. I start them towork and went around back to deal with his garage and pretty soon I can hearLarrys Khorns blasting out some very dynamic orchestral music. Oh, good I think Larrys playing some up-tempo music to give us the energy we need to finish the job. However, when I walk around front The Twins are nowhere to be seen. So I stick my

head in the door and there on the couch are all three of them. Just then one of the cannons goes off on theTelarc 1812 Overture. The Twins squealin scared delight and levitate about a foot into the air.

The upshot to all of this is we keep showing up later and later each day, Larrys

playing music with The Twins, and less and less is getting done.

Larry doesn't seem to mind though, he even told Tickles not to worry, that the snow will eventually cover the gallon of white paint she spilt on the roof.

However, Im not so sanguine, eventually he going to discover that its Christmas and his house is only half done. Also he's probably going to run out of music. Oh and did I mention hes paying us by the hour?

So guys I need your help. Larrys mostly a classical guy but we might be able to

slip one or two other goodies past him, given his current befuddled state. But by all means lets keep him distracted, shall we say.

So what do you got for me?

Edit , bunged up a word and corrected it.

Edited by thebes

Well, although I have never had the pleasure of meeting LarryC, I have always had the distinct impression that he was a class A gentleman, despite his inclinations to hang out with that other ne'er do well (garymd[;)] whom we all know to be a real hell-raiser). HOWEVER, if he is hanging with the Twins, I might have to start thinking of Larry in a whole new light . . . . . a very good, but WILD light. I wonder if anyone else was aware of his wild side . . . . . ???

I'm gonna have to get more info from sportyJoe, Richplace, and the guy with the sunburntwilly about the "other" side of heretofore staid and straight-laced Larry . . . . . .

I do have to compliment him on his gentlemanly instincts of holding the ladder for the lovely lady, but it was unclear in your story if under the baggy painter shorts she was wearing her official Klipsch thong. Perhaps Larry will elucidate.

LarryC is a dyed in the wool classical man. I don't have much of that in my repertoire, save Ravel's Bolero.

But along the 'naughty' lines aforementioned, might I present a rather telling tale in the guise of Emerson Lake and Palmer's 'Lucky Man'.

OHHHH, what a Lucky Man he was.......

Michael

• Like 2

Patrick,

Actually Gary did stop by. Get's out of the car clutching the

"Collected Works of the Dead" in his hands and is heading over to

The Twins when his Cell Phone rings.

It's his wife and she says "What Ever You Were Thinking of Doing Don' t Do It!"

He shakes his head, get's back into the car, and I haven't seen him since.

Well, one thing is CERTAIN: ain't no way that Larry would have let him play any of that deadhead stuff within his earshot. Thus, dr. gary must have up to no good . . . . probably was thinking he'd offer to do a free medical exam on the nubial twins. . . . . thank the Good Lord he has a good wife (ya gotta love lawyers, and their instincts) to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Bolero??? Is that the only suggestion so far??? I'm sure

that even the Thebes twins would see though such a transparent

ploy. Vivaldi's Four Seasons would just be a cruel reminder of

how long the house painting will take so that's out. I'd suggest

'Caucasion Sketches' by Mikhail Ippolitov-Ivanov, the 'Procession of

the Serdar' from Suite 1 might even get the twins to prance around a

bit. Or maybe they could be coaxed into a bit of exotic

improvisational dancing to 'Pas des Fleurs' from 'Coppelia' by Delibes

- I'd love to see that.

Just then one of the cannons goes off on the Telarc 1812 Overture.

Please Larry....say it aint so? Not the Telarc 1812...
You didn't hear it from down there? I thought cannons were supposed to carry well over water. I (and Gary) serenaded the painters and the neighborhood with the march from Tchaikovsky's Pathetique to stimulate everyone!

Great choices, Sput! Can't outdo you. I see Rick is speechless as usual.

Did Thebes tell you? I tried to take pictures, but couldn't find the flash card to my camera. Bummer!

I was very impressed with the work of Thebes' crew. Pickles and Bubbles can really work those brushes and rollers! Thebes himself has been doing a bang-up job holding the ladder since he began enforcing the company's pleated plaid skirt dress code. I must say he and the guy painting the trim look mighty silly though.[:$]

"PICKLES?" Is that Marty's "job name" when he's wearing the pleated skirt?

Thebes, please contact me about a painting job at my house. Interior work. I need the baseboards painted, but insist your workers do not kneel on the floor (knee injury liability issues, y'know).

• 8 years later...