How much should I expect to spend?

crazytubepower

Ask Gilbert and I think you'll find it closer to $2k and above for truly mint Belles. He's been looking for a while and probably knows the current market as well as anyone.

Are you sure you don't want to try some Corns or Lascalas first? The price is MUCH lower (more bang for the buck). Not as pretty as the Belles but they sound great.

Well if they are going to be around 2k, then I'll just by k-horns, i mean f-it, i may have a small room, and they would be only 11'7" apart from far end to far end, but i have corners! haha! maybe I should try some cornwalls. I have never heard any heritage...and that is a must do...I guess i need to hear a pair of cornwalls, I may just fall in love

I'll second that! Get you some mint Cornwalls for around $700-800. You'll spend alot less and be very amazed. Since you have never heard them, here's a little advice. Many times people have these speakers and have no clue what they'll do. They have crappy receivers running them. So, if you get to audition a pair, as long as you like their condition and the drivers work well, get them. That's the way I bought mine 20 years ago on the same advice..... and it WAS a leap of faith because they were being run through a mediocre Marantz that alot of people would probably consider good.

That's the way I bought mine 20 years ago on the same advice..... and it WAS a leap of faith because they were being run through a mediocre Marantz that alot of people would probably consider good.

20 years ago would make it around 1985. There wasn't any such thing as a good Marantz in 1985.

I consider my oak/cane Belles to be excellent condition and an offer of

less than $2K would not even get my attention. And to be honest, I

don't think I would sell them for less than $2.5K, whether I would get

that is another story but really doesn't matter - ain't for sale!

It looks like you've decided to go with Cornwalls (which is not a bad choice BTW). However, instead of looking at Belles, you might want to consider La Scalas instead. They are much more plentiful making them easier to find, cheaper, and share all the same components as the mighty Khorn. They are also a bit more sensitive than the Cornwalls, which could help depending on what amp you are using.