$9800 speaker wire analyzed

Parrot

On a somewhat serious note, this is the kind of thing that drives a lot of people away from the so called "High End" audio gear.

A typical guy gets to s a point in his, (or her) life and wants to buy the really nice HiFi system they have aways wanted but didn't have the money for, or the knowledge, to go out and buy.

Then they investigate by going to a local HiFi shop that sells this VooDoo stuff and they're driven away.

On one hand it's funny and on the other it's really a shame.

Regards,

I agree with Bill: It is a shame.

It does not take that much to move from a medicore system to a good sounding one. It takes 1) a goal and a path, 2) a bit of research to sort out the terminology, 3) a bit of experience/listening to enjoy the different aspects of sound that is available, 4) a bit of digging to get a sense of price & value, and 5) some energy on setting up the system and some modest treatment of the room's acoustics.

To graduate from medicore to "pretty good" really requires planning but not necessarily a great deal of money.

Nonsense like this is simply corrupting and distracting. I feel sorry for all the folks who are not able to enjoy the wonderful sound because of all the snake oil salesmen.

My thoughts,

-Tom

Great now I will feel bad about buying high end speaker cables...right.At least MIT and Transparent use VooDoo boxes,I was hoping to see a VooDoo doll with pins inside the expensive looking "secret" box. [;)]

I love my BIG.expensive interconnects,power cables,conditionners and speaker cables.They give the final touch,unlike the welfare looking thin low bro cabling. [:$]

Call me snooty,a real audiophile needs some VooDoo cabling to make it all sound perfect. [:D]

I find it funny how the review barely touched on the technicals behind

the MIT wire, yet spent hours discussing one brand of the competition.

Not to mention he really sounded like a salesperson - oh wait, he works

for/ has business relations with MIT. Go figure.

And what's with this concept of having circuitry in the wire? Maybe I'm

crazy, but I don't like to have built-in EQ in my wire...

He also mentions that the MIT has components not in the signal chain so

as to not to introduce any distortion. How bout I just set my amp on

top of my speaker wire instead of plugging it in so my amp doesn't

affect the signal - oh wait, it has to be involved in the circuit!

silly me. Sounds like someone is trying to use electron roadmaps to me. "No dang it, I wanted you to flow the other direction!"

I'm sorry, but the guy is clearly an idiot...or at least writes like one.