Cornwall 511B "voice of the Corn"[:)]

travisc

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's not those Hardrock maple CW's you're playing with, is it?

They look nice. It's amazing how well that 511/K77 combo fits on top. like it belonged there.

Can you explain the crossover setup? Is there any of the old B? network inside, or was it appended with the external board, or is that the old B? board modified, or a totally new one. I'm lost....

Michael

Michael,

those are the stock networks with a mix of kimber an theta caps, Ole BEC is willing to build me a set of new ones that crossover at 400hz and will take him up on it probly after christmas. Besides I dont want to make too many changes at once. I am having a hard time discerning the difference between replacing the squawker and just bringing the k-77 out and up! All the changes made to the HRM's are 100% reversible.

so far my impression...makes good recordings better and crappy ones crappier.

Tweeter on tap 4

Midrange on tap 3

Change 4 uF to 6.8uF

Is that a suggestion for me? oh grand poobah[:)]

hey I just looked tweeter is on tap 4 and the mid is on three. So all I would need is a 6.8 in place of the four?

that would bring me to 400hz?

tweeter does sound awful, dare I say the word "bright"

jw,

I was wondering if in the near future you could help me design a cabinet for a little project I have dubbed "Heretec"

So all I would need is a 6.8 in place of the four? that would bring me to 400hz?

Yep.

tweeter does sound awful, dare I say the word "bright"

Hmmm, shouldn't be. Use a .13mH coil and make the tweeter 2nd order like this:

----------2uF------------------ +

|

| .13mH

|

-------------------------------- -

tofu,

its hard to describe, I am very new to this hobby and it would be akin(thanks for the word Mobile) to asking a monkey about string theory.

I will say it is very open and airy, accoustic guitar and mandolin sounds fantastic. I need to settle in a bit. I am having a hard time getting used to the k-77 being out in the open on certain types of music.

right now I am listening to some violin piece and I am very happy with the decision to make this mod[:'(]

oh, and would you mind posting closeups of the "frame" you made for the 511b and k77? i'd like to get an idea of how you constructed it.

looks to me like you screwed a piece of plywood with a hole in it (for the k77 to go into) to the 511b

jw,

I was wondering if in the near future you could help me design a cabinet for a little project I have dubbed "Heretec"

Absolutely. I'm thinking of what that name "Heretec" entails. Ah, is that a Heresy with an Altec 811b. Want that a corner design?

tofu,

I would have had to drill holes in my precious cabinets for a second set of leads for the tweeter. I was thinking about it but thought better, boy I was sweating when putting the screws in to block off the tweeters. waiting for it to come through the grill.

Dean,

Thank you! audiocap doesnt sell a 6.8. This is where I find out that I will have to e-mail you isnt it[:)]

jw,

well I had been following the the herescala thread or whatever it was called for ideas but it looks as though the project went into limbo.

I use two Heresy as a center right now. My thoughts are building a cabinet roughly the size of the two put together, with twin k-22-k's a 511b and a k-77. I would think a sealed cab, but what do I know.

now, again the pateince would have to be a big factor. This would be a learning experience for me and quite frankly when you and dr who start in with the graphs and plots I get lost real quick.

thanks

post-16943-13819276549676_thumb.jpg

Thanks Charles.

Um, tofu those brackets are 20 footers, they look good at 20' and are temporary, but here ya go. Keep in mind that I went to the garage at 5am. that black "paint" is rubberized undercoating. The hole for the 511b takes a 5/16 or 8mm bolt, width of the plywood is 2 3/4" x10" and the cutout I just outlined the k-77.

post-16943-13819276550536_thumb.jpg