Ebay seller naive or bogus?

Daddy Dee

Seti, the area affected was a very small percentage of the state, only near N.O. I purchased LSI's from near the flood zone, but their house had been high and dry. It does pay to ask and check for water damage though. But I wouldn't discount purchasing from that corner of the US.

Michael

Major scam.

Do lookup on ebay for LaScalas and you will see the other pair that he stole the pictures from.

He's doctored the background, BUT...

In the "real" picture, there is a stairway behind the speakers. Look at that picture and look at the TOP of the speaker and the REFLECTIONS of that which is behind it. Notice the reflection & the 2nd reflection in the middle of "the" reflection.

Switch over to HIS pictures and look closely at the SAME reflections in the speaker

Isn't the 82 in the serial number the year they were made? He is the original owner and bought them in 1990.

I agree, SCAM ALERT.

I don't think so, with that code set, they might have been made during the 91st week of 1982, and that's not possible, so they were made on the 82nd DAY of 1991.

So his story still doesn't pan out. Unless he special ordered them in 90 and they were delivered like 3 months later from 91 stock.

Michael

lol, I sent him a message pointing out the fallacy of his pictures...

Here is his response:

Hello! Thank you for viewing my listing. you obviously have much too much time on your hands. I suggest you try Soap Operas. Or perhaps you'd like to come to Dallas and speak to me face to face, punk. If you aren't too scared!

Ruh roe... [:#]

OK, I have come to the conclusion that this guy is for real, but also has no idea what it will cost to ship these speakers. He is not a savvy Ebayer in any way, and thinks he can throw around terms like lifetime warranty.... as if he were selling these in a garage sale. Therefore, it is most unlikely that he would complete the transaction if shipping is in the picture. I think further, that payment in cash, upon showing up to pick up the speakers would result in a satisfactory transaction and perhaps entertaining as well.

Hey, I am already In Dallas! You think he will let me come see them in person? [:D]

If I lived there, I would contact him and go check em out, just for the entertainment value of hearing what this dolt has to say.

Might accidentally get a good deal if you can outtalk him, or convince him that his shipping terms aren't in his best interest.

Michael